The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#18683 - 08/06/05 05:25 AM Dr. Perricone and Oprah
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Respectfully request permission to step up on my soap box!

Did anyone see this episode the other day.

Dr. Perricone is talking about how our diet affects how we look - and also the aging of our skin.

He had a couple of ladies go on the diet - took before pictures (no make up)...then, after being on HIS diet for a length of time -- took after pictures (full make up)

Now how can one REALLY compare the before and after?

If one is doing a makeover and they say -- "this is what the person looks like without make-up, and this is what they look like WITH make-up on"...this makes sense.

But how can we REALLY judge if his diet made a difference on their faces since their after photos had make-up slathered on them.

I'm sorry. Just seems crazy!

Danita

#18684 - 08/06/05 11:50 AM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
that's like the various newspaper ads for anti-wrinkle creams, diets and whatnot. The "before" picture is always done with horrible lighting and makeup. The "after" pic has flattering lighting, better makeup, (usually) better hairdos, etc.

Maybe they think we're too stupid to notice.

#18685 - 08/06/05 06:11 PM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
Danita Offline

I guess becuz it was on Oprah it made me even madder. When things are presented on her show - it becomes gospel.

I'm not saying his diet doesn't work - I'm just saying, "let's compare apples with apples"!

Perricone also made the claim that if you switch green tea for coffee that you will lose 10 lbs in one year. He didn't say why. My DH is trying to get me to make the switch, I'm like, "NO WAY HOSEA"! Life without cofeee would be like life without...well, never mind!

:0)

D.

#18686 - 08/07/05 07:46 AM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Last night I watched 20/20? or whatever...talked about green tea and cancer - no proof. Cottage cheese bodies can't be fixed. Apparently the connectors from skin to (bone/ muscle?) become loose creating bumps. Nothing works. Men's connectors are crossed over like an X and they are less prone to having it.( I guess their bellies don't have it, chuckle)
No exercise, costly massage or creams have been proven to remove Cottage cheeseiness...first stretchmarks, now cottage cheese...but hey at least we can get wrinkles removed if we choose to ...all is not lost [Roll Eyes]
I have a great before coffee after coffee makeover comparison....growl versus sweet.
I wonder...there I go again...anyone know where we can get a professional makeover...for free?
Maybe I'll post in the tips/freebie section?
chick

#18687 - 08/06/05 08:01 PM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
Danita Offline

Chick,

Who woke you up this a.m. (or should I say what?!)

YOu've posted on almost every topic! LOL!

Love it!

d.

#18688 - 08/06/05 08:41 PM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
I caught Oprah's show on this last year, when it first aired.
And yeah, I was foolish enough to actually purchase his book.
I'm here to tell ya.......it sure didn't work for me....and switching coffee for green tea? NOT appealing at all.
Starbucks......here I come!

#18689 - 08/06/05 09:07 PM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hey Danita gal, hows it going?
It's my day off and I hadn't been posting much this week so I am reading,relaxing and posting. Usually there's a few of us on here at once and posts get replied to or covered up quickly but it seems today I was here...all alone...for awhile anyway.Now...where was I? [Wink]
chick

[ August 06, 2005, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#18690 - 08/06/05 10:35 PM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
Danita Offline

Terri,

I'm with you! Coffee rules tea just drools!
Give me coffee or give me death!

The whole "what to eat" thing just kills me!

Dr A. says eat this
Dr B. says oh, no, eat this
Dr C. says, don't eat at all.

LOL. No wonder we are a society sooo over focused on food. ughhh. I do better when I'm just eating "healthy"!

You tried his diet? Didn't see any changes?
hmmmmmm!

Hey chick-- just busting on you -- you know!

d.

#18691 - 08/07/05 03:03 AM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
Danita...well, actually, I did see some changes...it AGED me 20 years...coffee withdrawal caused that...lol Only kidding!
I agree on the diet guru's....pay no attention and just eat healthy and moderately and exercise....at least that's what I keep telling myself to lose some extra pounds.

#18692 - 08/07/05 05:34 AM Re: Dr. Perricone and Oprah
Danita Offline

LOL! quitting coffee would age me centuries!

Eat right...be happy.

Die-et and die!

d.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved