The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#18593 - 07/17/05 07:01 AM Where did it go????
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Anyone that can answer this question for me wins a prize...No book on the subject of losing weight, nutrition or exercise has answered this question. I saw on Oprah one day a table that contained this ugly blob of yellow stuff suppose to be 5 pounds of fat, are you with me so far? This morning when I got up I stepped on the scale and had dropped 4 full pounds. SWo tell me where did they go??? I didn't prespire them away, I didn't bathroom them away so where the heck did they go? Thats alot of fat and how does it just disappear? I have dropped 53 pouds in about a year and where did they go? I am totally serious about this and would be very grateful if anyone can explain it to me..... [Wink] [Razz]

#18594 - 07/17/05 07:15 AM Re: Where did it go????
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Chatty... 53 lbs! Congrats! That is commendable unless you are not trying to loose 'em. Can I ask why the need to know where they went? Maybe you just walked them away!

#18595 - 07/17/05 08:13 AM Re: Where did it go????
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I needed to lose them and another 53. I never did a lick of exercise yesterday just ate right and not very much either. But whalla, 4 pounds gone over night. It just boggles the mind, hasn't anyone ever wondered where this stuff goes. its not air, its solid mass, it has to go somewhere. My 15 year old grandson says the "fat vampires" fly in at night and slurp it up, yuk!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled just curious.... [Big Grin]

#18596 - 07/17/05 08:54 AM Re: Where did it go????
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty, that is awesome to lose 53 pounds. Weigh to go, girl! Where did they go? I think they vanished into THIN air! LLL

#18597 - 07/18/05 07:27 AM Re: Where did it go????
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
You didn't go sleep-jogging, did you? You know, like sleep-walking, only sleep-jogging?

Maybe you were exercising more than you know...a few hectic laps around the house searching for keys or glasses, a stair or two here and there, a few good crouches to mop up a spot on the floor, pulling some weeds...it all adds up by the end of the day.

I know when I go to the doctor's office and the nurse weighs me, it makes a difference of anywhere from 2-4 lbs by taking my shoes, coat and sweater off and putting my purse down. That's in winter of course. I'm significantly lighter in the summer not having to drag all those extra clothes around!

Whatever it was, 53 pounds in a year is awesome! Congratulations Chatty. That's a lot of willpower and determination. I salute you, my friend.

[ July 17, 2005, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#18598 - 07/17/05 08:19 PM Re: Where did it go????
robowidowk Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty...CONGRATS! That is a huge milestone! I myself have had a loss of 30 lbs (the last ten after gallbladder surgery) since end of November last year. I came across a wonderful intern at the dr's office I go to and he said...make me a food diary of what you eat and give it to me next month...I did...I'm a perfectionist...I put down the milk, water, treats, each item on my plate for each meal, etc...he said Wow..best diary I have ever seen...however, I could live on what you eat in 1 day for a week! He then told me...Large breakfast, snack, medium lunch, snack, and mini dinner. It has worked for me! (oh yeah...he said cut down on the candy and chips and cheese sauce). Congrats again!!!! You go girl!

#18599 - 07/17/05 08:27 PM Re: Where did it go????
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi. I know where it comes from! I've gained 10 pounds in the last six months. I needed it after losing so much during chemo. But the gain has got to stop. One of the ways I gained is because at the end of the day I get my carton of ice cream, turn to Boomers, and eat right out of the carton while reading posts. I do not control portions of ice cream, although it has to be "light." Sure, "light" cookies and cream! It adds up. I've gone up a jean size, and I am not comfortable. Also, my taste buds returned heightened after chemo. Food I barely tasted before now tastes so goooood. Especially chocolate. LLL

#18600 - 07/17/05 09:43 PM Re: Where did it go????
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Good question Chatty. Maybe the body absorbs and then eliminates what it no longer needs? Maybe because the fat cells are no longer being fed so much they disappear or shrink? We need a nurse on this site to answer this one.

#18601 - 07/17/05 10:43 PM Re: Where did it go????
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lynn, Maybe it's a mixed blessing sort of thing for you, but I have to take great delight in your newfound enjoyment of food...partly because I can relate. Years of not caring about food at all (and being undiagnosed with lactose intolerance until 10 years ago) have definitely given way to whole-hearted experimenting with my own newfound tastebuds...to think I never tasted triple chocolate cheesecake until about 10 years ago!

It's not fun going up jean sizes, but it's so much fun to finally enjoy eating.

#18602 - 07/17/05 10:50 PM Re: Where did it go????
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think smile might be able to help us. I think it's a great question.

Chatty and robo, congrats. You must feel so good about yourselves. Keep up the good work.

Robo, I think more doctors should do what your intern did. Though his comment may have seemed rude at the time about your portions, I think some people need to hear the truth. Weight has so much to do with our health. Don't you feel better now that you've lost that weight?

Lynn, I luahged out loud at your post about knowing where it comes from. PUT DOWN the LIGHT ice cream! [Razz]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved