The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 214 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17542 - 12/11/03 06:49 PM Reflux
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Is it my age or what? Every time I turn around someone else is having reflux problems, especially when they lie down to go to sleep.

I read an article about it the other day and here are some of the things you should stay away from if you have this problem:
caffeine, chocolate, fried and fatty foods, smoking, and some rx meds. Being overwieght is also a contributing factor.

I don't have this issue...yet...but I have noticed that I can't eat as late into the night as I could when I was younger. I just don't sleep as well. Fortunately we eat on the early side.

#17543 - 12/12/03 08:09 AM Re: Reflux
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
okay, let's recap shall we?

No chocolate
No caffeine
No fried foods
No smoking (no problem)

My guess is whoever wrote that article is a commie pinko. I mean, no Godiva? no coffee? no fried green tomatoes? [Mad]

Actually, and all kidding aside...I take one nexium a day. If I do, all is well...if I don't, I double over in pain and reflux...it ain't pretty. [Frown]

#17544 - 12/12/03 09:17 PM Re: Reflux
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Gosh, I have suffered with reflux for ten years at least. The article was right about all the don'ts.

I quit smoking because of it. That was a good thing!

It is pretty manageable now unless I eat something very fatty. Creamed soups made with real cream and butter kill me.

I will ALWAYS eat Godiva's! [Big Grin]

#17545 - 12/31/03 08:27 AM Re: Reflux
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just read aabout a new procedure called Entery.

For those who don't respond to, or have side effects from medications, they can now have this outpatient procedure done with a local anesthetia.

They inject a solution that bulks up the weak esophogeal valve that allows the stomach acid and food to move up into the throat. The solution they inject makes the lower esophogeal valve muscle stiff and then the regurgiation is less likel.

Just thought I'd share. One of the beauties for people who have this procedure done is a good night's sleep. [Big Grin]

#17546 - 01/06/04 01:25 AM Re: Reflux
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I ended up with a bacterial ulcer that caused horrible reflux. I am glad mine was only temporary because I can't imagine having that problem all the time. I think I may have over eaten during the holidays because I have a small burning feeling in my stomach again. Any natural solutions other than just stop eating all the bad stuff?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved