The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17460 - 08/06/03 06:51 PM FAT
Sandy Offline

Loc: Colorado
I am so sick of seeing these skinny women on tv. why do they constintly parade them in front of us? I am 50 years old for goodness sake. why don't they parade some of us around. There is more of us then there is of these bony young women they march in front of us all the time.
Me, I am over-weight. It bother's me some. But not enough to accept that i need to look like a seventeen year old anorexic.
What say you?
Sandy

#17461 - 08/07/03 07:30 AM Re: FAT
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sandy,
Couldn't agree more with what you are saying. Fat or skinny, I don't think a person should validate their self worth by ads, other people's opinions, or anything else other than how they feel about themselves. If one is satisfied with who they are, isn't that enough? Love who you are, love your family and friends and treat them accordingly, and love your God. Not necessarily in that order.

But most importantly, realize that...elastic is our friend.

#17462 - 08/07/03 07:51 AM Re: FAT
Sandy Offline

I couldn't agree with yuo more, Jawjaw (where did your name come from?) I only wish someone would get in there and design better clothes and more choices for heafty (??what would be a good word here?) women. Iknow there are some designs out there but when I go shopping it seems i have three choices of blouses, each in a few different colors. I also notice that women's wear is put right next to maternity (which usually has a larger department.) and children's (a very big department) is right next to maternity. I think i need to go to the whine sections, don't i. [Wink] Sandy

#17463 - 08/06/03 09:13 PM Re: FAT
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sandy,
Heafty or Heartful? I choose heartful. Jawjaw is a pet name from Daddy. Say Georgia reallllly slowwwww...if you are southern, it comes out jawjaw. Anyhoo...on the clothes thingy...I have found that shopping around at consignment shops helps when I need new, abeit gently used, clothing. I am not that much overweight, but enough. I too get really tired of the same old clothes in the marketplace. Maybe you need to investigate a whole new idea for women of sustance? Hey there you go! You could make millions if you did it right. Now let's see...uh...you'll need designs, materials...an agent (that's me)...

#17464 - 08/07/03 12:56 AM Re: FAT
Sandy Offline

Jawjaw, What type of angent are you?
your dad must have had jawjaw on his mind. [Wink] oh, my, my sense of humor seems to be hanging around me today. I just stopped over to see the ganddaughter, she was at a friends. it was a long hot drive. she was there when i called, but left after i was on my way. bummer. one less day of summer to do my spoiling. [Smile] Sandy

#17465 - 08/07/03 02:44 AM Re: FAT
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

[Razz] I have to laugh that you may have taken me seriously on the agent thing. It's all I can do nowadays to "open a book" much less "book anything!"

At least you have grandchildren. My son and his wife have held out three years on me and still no grandchildren. Now they just roll their eyes when I ask for them. Go figure...

#17466 - 08/07/03 03:18 AM Re: FAT
Sandy Offline

Jawjaw,

Sometimes

better things come

later. [Wink]

Do you just have one child? I have two. one grandchild. my son's fiance (spelling???) does not want kids for a while. i am okay with that. she is a bit inmature for having children right now. though very mature in other ways. my son is 21 this month. his love is 19. they own a condo, he goes to school full time. they both work full time jobs. where would you put a kid in all of that? [Confused]
So, i'll stick with my favorite oldest (and only) granddaughter for now. And I feel so lucky to have her. S

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved