The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#159225 - 09/08/08 11:16 PM Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Okay, I've been thinking about a tummy tuck for about six months now. And, I'm ready to tell the world that I want one. Okay, you consist of my world.

I want a tummy tuck. So, should I?

I know, the cons are general surgery, painful recovery, infection, etc.

But, the pros are that awful flap of skin from having 3 babies and losing over a 100 pounds would be gone!!! I could wear a bathing suit that I wouldn't be embarrassed to show my body!

My husband says he loves me know matter what my body looks like, and I love him for that. But, I want to love my body too. And, this is the only part of my body that I don't love.

I know, my boobs sag and my butt has disappeared and my thighs look like an ad for cottage cheese, but I don't care. I know that's all a part of aging. I have wings under my arms that flap .. woo hoo!

But, I am not happy with my sagging belly fat. It looks awful and It makes a horrible outline in whatever I wear. No matter what type of control underwear I put on, it still sags.

So, I'm asking for your honest opinion. Should I or shouldn't I?

Have you had a tummy tuck? What was your experience? Share please!!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#159226 - 09/08/08 11:18 PM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I know what you mean, Vicki. This belly fat is a new phenomenon for me, too, and I hate it. I look forward to hear what others say.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#159232 - 09/09/08 01:07 AM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: Anno]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
HI VIcki,
The following story may initially seem unrelated but I hope you'll see the connection.
For years I had really bad fibroids. Feeling like crap and bleeding out to the point of not being able to go without changing protection more than 30 minutes or pay the price in the form of a mess all weighed on my quality of life. But what bothered me as much--if not more I'm not too vain to admit-- was my round, pregnant looking belly. I'm an active person and no matter what I did I had this belly.
I had 3 surgeries that equal C-sections in the way they cut. The final one was a partial hysterectomy. I wanted a quality of life but I also wanted a normal looking belly. So I decided that the uterus had to go.
I was told I'd only ever get 70% of my stomach muscles back fully. I hoped that this would be better than what I'd been dealing with.(at the time of surgery I had a 14 week sized uterus.)
Guess what? Since then I think I have way more than 70% but who's counting because what I got, almost immediately, was the ability to hold in my gut. ONce I started exercising I was able to have a nice, flat-ish belly. My life was transformed on so many levels but I have to tell you, having my stomach look like I wanted it was huge.
I have a friend who is younger than I, she's about 44 now, but had a tummy tuck 3 years ago. She too had had 3 children. She hated her slack stomach, otherwise she felt really good about her body, saggy breasts and all.
Her husband eventually bought her the surgery. Like your hubbie, he didn't care if she had it or not but realized how important it was to her.
She's never looked back, had no complications, and feels like a new person.
I've had moments where my stomach wasn't exactly in the best shape in the almost 9 years since I had that surgery but it's still always felt better to me than before.
I hope this long story helps you feel good about something you want and I can't help but feel will change your life in so many ways.Trust your gut--forgive the pun--it's you who knows what brings you joy.
Best
mscoach

#159234 - 09/09/08 02:03 AM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: mscoach]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I say if it's what you really want, do it. Research it on the web for the pros and cons, and find a good surgeon who is board certified. Ask your own doctors for recommendations. I know of someone who had it done, and she was thrilled with the results. The down time was rough - a good 6 weeks or so - but if you can live with that it's not a problem.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#159235 - 09/09/08 02:13 AM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: yonuh]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Vicki, you live in Tampa, where shorts and tees are probably the dress code! And you may go to the beach thus the bathing suit angst you mentioned. I think that if you are healthy, of sound mind, and want to do it for you, then why not? You lost 100 pounds! That's fabulous! If you want to reward yourself, go for it! PL

#159244 - 09/09/08 06:02 AM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I say, go for it!

#159280 - 09/09/08 08:42 AM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You've earned it lady... Just be very sure your doctor is not one of those quacks that looks good, talks a good game and got his licence on the back of a tobacco can somewhere in Argentina. Contact the medical board of surgeons in your state...Find a good surgeon and go for it...Too hot to handle soon you'll be!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159291 - 09/09/08 11:39 AM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thank you ladies, for your opinions. You've all been wonderful. mscoach, your story wasn't too long at all. Best of all, all of you GET it. It's a "feel good on the inside to feel good on the outside" issue.

I'll definitely do my doctor research, and talk to my primary care doctor about it. This is a very important decision. It's general anesthesia... and I'm allergic to some kinds, so it's potentially and life threatening decision as well. I have to be so careful.

But, I really feel strongly about this.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#159297 - 09/09/08 01:38 PM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Vicki,
My neighbor just had 1 of those a few months ago. She said it was painful. And the lady does not look any
better. I think, I'd think twice before doing that!
And then think again.
Prayers and blessings

#159324 - 09/09/08 07:07 PM Re: Tummy Tuck - Do I or Don't I? [Re: jabber]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thanks, Jabber. I appreciate that. I wonder why she didn't look any better?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved