The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#148049 - 05/08/08 02:24 PM Tooth pulled
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I had a permanent molar pulled yesterday. It lost a filling sometime last year. Then half the tooth broke. Took me a while to be in pain enough to even GO to the dentist. Since childhood, I have practically lived in a dentist's chair! (Inherited soft teeth from Mom)

I'm so thankful the dentist did not try to talk me into "saving the tooth" like many do. He extracted it just as I asked. And amazed at how much he did NOT hurt me as he yanked it out!

Today, with no pains meds afterwards, I feel so much better without that bad tooth. "The nerve is dead", he said. IT's probably been drilled five times throughout the years!

Anyway, just wanted to say that pulling a tooth can be so rewarding and much healthier for your body. A bad tooth can effect so much!

I no longer "do" root canals...they are painful and expensive and do not always work. (Had another molar pulled due to one not working!)

#148050 - 05/08/08 02:50 PM Re: Tooth pulled [Re: Di]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Yes, I did and old molar that had a root canal that cracked and split at the gum line and was abcessed and had to be pulled by and oral surgeron and sticked up . I had to take meds to for the infection was so bad . I hated to lose that tooth in the back . My root canal was (30) yrs old .

I do have root canals and would rather save the tooth then having it pulled and if it is in the front of your mouth or where the lost tooth would show . I have two other root canals . That is only my opinion though . I have a parial where I lost three teeth on the lower jaw and hate it , but it will keep my teeth from moving , and it fits very well .

Di, glad you are feeling better now and hope all goes well.

Renee

#148051 - 05/08/08 03:15 PM Re: Tooth pulled [Re: Sadie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yes, I'll prob. have to have a partial sometime. I have caps/bridges in/near the front already.

A friend whose Dad was a retired physician, taught us to NEVER drill into good bone...ie: Root canals. So, I take heed to that advice.

I'll eat mush if I have to!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved