The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#136638 - 01/04/08 05:58 PM What an Idiot I can be!
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have menopausal hair on my upper lip. It has been driving me nuts. Last week I went to the drug store and walked by the Sally Hansen products. (Shoulda kept on walking, silly me). I saw it!

Mustache Spa Wax

The word spa got me. Sounded so soothing and easy and sheese, a warm wax on my upper lip. Beautiful.

New Years eve I tried it. I microwaved the wax for the required 30 seconds. Nope, still rock hard. Added another 10 seconds, still too hard. Upped it to another 20 seconds, oh, seems nice and soft now. Tried it on my wrist and seemed perfect.

Off to the bathroom and the 10X mirror. Started squirting the soft and warm wax out and OOPS to much came out and it was burning! Oh no, I am in pain. Big pain.

Well, the outcome is, I have a dime sized burn on my upper lip and guess what? There are hairs sticking out of the burn.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#136639 - 01/04/08 07:00 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Anno]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh Ann, hehehe....sounds awful (so why am I laughing?) It just shows me that I'm not the only one who does these things! I'm so sorry for your burn but it's still comical...do you forgive me? Leave the hot wax aside and pluck them babies outta there.....are they too coarse to respond to lotion hair remover? Don't you just love getting older???? Once, when I was mad at being a redhead I went super blonde and then had a perm.....my hair fried and broke off all over. I had little spikes and chunks and cried for weeks. Oh, I'm sure I can think of billions of other things that I've done. Meanwhile, heal up that burn and....don't make me laugh so much (talk about peeing BEFORE you read certain things!!!!)

#136640 - 01/04/08 07:42 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: ladyjane]
QBall101 Offline

ANNO,
Sorry about the burn. Gosh I hope you don't get that "What Happened?" question too often. Tell 'em you were looking up at a glowing bird & it pooped radioactive bird-poo on you, Laugh and walk away with your best chesshire cat grin on your face. OR You got the hottest new Years Eve kiss of your life! Seriously, I got one of those pen type Lumina Finishing Touch trimmers at Wally World for those lip & chinny chin-chin hairs & it works beatuifully. They actually come back softer & it's pain free. It's lighted too so w/ the 10X mirror & light you can really see what you're doing. Your smooth lipped friend in facial hair combat, QBall101.

#136641 - 01/04/08 08:03 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: QBall101]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
There must be a lesson to learn here somewhere. I for one am going to chuck my 10X mirror.

What you see not!
Won't make you hot!

#136642 - 01/04/08 08:31 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anno, Sorry about that burn, OUCH! There is Nair product for faces. It is a weaker product but does the job!
Have you tried it? It may be worth a shot!
I hope the burn heals soon, Anno!
Can you finish the rest with a Nair product but
NOT on the burn?

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#136643 - 01/04/08 10:33 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks Ladies. I am still laughing too, and I am glad that I am not the one who has to look at my face when I am talking! I am going to use Qballs idea - the hottest New Years kiss ever.

I have used Nair and do tweeze, I was just tired of doing this all the time and thought I would go for something longer term. I am going to take Hannelore's advice and get rid of this 10X mirror. I spend way too much time imagining seeing things that only I can see when trying hard.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#136644 - 01/04/08 11:49 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Like Mrs Hughes said in her comedy routine, we're turning into our fathers...funnier when you see the tape...OUCH, Anno! Now if you can afford it you can have electralasis on the hair on your top lip, it works and its permanent. I just tweeze now and again but its my hairy, chinny, chin, chin, not my top lip thats the problem.

Edited by chatty lady (01/04/08 11:51 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#136645 - 01/05/08 01:48 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh Annie, I'm laughing hysterically. I know...it's not funny but it really is. Where is a camera when you need one?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#136646 - 01/05/08 09:21 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Dianne]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I posted about this in the skin care forum. I was wondering if anyone was as obsessed as I with facial hair, and getting rid of it. I do the same thing repeatedly with the wax. Nuke and burn. There is a lavendar was meant to be more soothing. It's soothing because you can't feel the heat. I could not feel that it was hot, so I kept nuking it. I used without feeling the burn, I got burns on my face. Either that or my skin is numb from years of waxing. D9 says to embrace your facial hair!

#136647 - 01/06/08 12:50 AM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

LOL, oh no, Princess! I wax the hair in my NOSE!! LOL. I think that Nair for faces is the best product for upper lips, chins and for brows, I recommend plucking unless, like myself, you are good with wax. I have my brows shaped for me once every three months so they are evenly done and I keep up the shape myself with wax. For those wayward hairs that can pop up on the chin, I think facial Nair is the best and you don't have to let those babies grow out to use it! No hair where the men have it. Just don't take hair off your cheeks, or your hair line or anywhere else!

LOL, Princess, I would not have been much of a model if I left facial hair on!

dancer, boomer model still.

"Question your privilege"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved