The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#132107 - 11/16/07 02:37 PM Chiropractors!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wednesday morning, I had finished my walk and was in the basement throwing in laundry when I noticed the vacuum sitting out. So here goes. This is very typical of the way I do things. I put the vacuum away and notice the closet is messy so I begin straightening it. I'm thinking about the holidays and the kids coming home and wanting to get things in better order. Like they care. So next I begin looking at this stuff tucked by the back door that really should be in the attic or shed. Again, thinking I want to get this put away before the kids get home because they'll have their friends down here, etc. Like they care. So I'm lifting and looking and before you know it, I'm lifting and twisting something way too heavy and I feel my back shift and next thing - I'm calling the chiropractor.

I spent two hours there on Wednesday (which wasn't in the schedule), another hour there yesterday (again not in the schedule) and an hour there this morning (you guessed it - not in the schedule).

I think the Lord is trying to tell me to s l o w down.

Have you ever been to a chiropractor? I'd never been, but have family members who sing this guy's praises and now I know why. I couldn't stand up straight when I went in there and was in horrendous pain wondering if I was going to have to have surgery.

I'm not all better, but I am much more comfortable, standing straight, bending over and even able to bend backwards a little bit.

Isn't it wild to have your back manipulated? How the heck do they know how to do that? It's amazing. I just listen and block out what's going on, and let him do his thing. I can't believe how this works. I am totally amazed.

If you have back issues and haven't been to a chiropractor, I recommend checking it out.

#132108 - 11/16/07 02:49 PM Re: Chiropractors!
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes indeed Dotsie
I have a spinal oclusion and my sacal bone was displaced in to my pelvis.This wonderful Danish Chiropracticoner slowly got me better.I was 13% daisabled and off work for one year.I owe her so much..She also tests for food intolerance.
We do things incorrectly and damage ourselves.
Good luck

#132109 - 11/16/07 05:11 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Dotsie, your description of the progression of doing things sounds like me! I'll get into about the fifth phase and wonder how I got there...and what it was I began with! It's so easy, TOO easy to get going and twist wrong and then it's off to the chiropractor. Over the years I've seen him and been very glad of it. Just like you, I'd go in hurting and not moving well and start making progress right away. In the beginning I went to the M.D. and got pain pills and moist heat and got nowhere. Sorry. But that's the truth!

#132110 - 11/16/07 05:13 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

By the way, all that to just say that I'm glad you're at least functioning better now AND that it is very possible that God is saying 'take a deep breath, prioritize and forget what probably won't be noticed or cared about anyway. Turn your attentions to just the essentials.'

#132111 - 11/16/07 06:31 PM Re: Chiropractors!
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Good chiropractors are beyond priceless. Bad ones should be taken out at dawn and shot. I come from a whole line of chiros - good ones.
Here's something my grandad taught... take a hair from your head and place it under a single page of your Bible. See if you can feel the hair with your eyes closed. You will more than likely be able to. Now, adding additional pages one by one, keep trying to "feel" the hair through the pages. A good chiro will have a sensitive touch and be able to feel through numerous pages - we'll call this a knowing or a sense - he/she will develop a way of "feeling" things out of alignment. Alignment is essential for good health. (Ladies don't cross your legs. Not only does it disrupt circulation, it throws your skeletal system out of whack - per my granddaddy.) Aeration of the spinal discs is essential to good skeletal health, plus. (Set up a slant board for yourself i.e. a stool about 2 ft high and a 1 by 16+. Lay with feet at highest end, stretch your arms out above your head, elongating your body - relax, let the stretch do the work - practice by granddaddy. You can buy equipment, but the slant board works fine.) A good chiropractor will know when it's best for you to see a medical doctor and he/she won't mind advising you to visit one. Don't expect one or two visits to undo the damage you've done to your body in a lifetime, or an un-thought-out moment. And, maintenance is key - with regular visits, your body's systems (circulatory, endocrine, pulmonary, etc.) will work better.
OK, this is not an advertisement. There are only one or two of my family still practicing. All others have died or retired. I'm still looking for one to replace the quality chiro care I've had in the past.

Dotsie, I hope you are feeling great by now! and glad you found a good one. A bad one can color your regards to the profession.

#132113 - 11/16/07 08:54 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: ]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
I went to a great chiropractor a few years ago to get my neck manipulated (in an effort to rid myself of migraines). She discovered an old injury in the base of my spine and helped that too! Fab.

#132114 - 11/16/07 11:17 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: Countrygirl]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
When I lived in Los Angeles, I saw a chiropractor named Dr. Bones. I swear. I think he changed his name to match his profession.

Chiropractors here in Daytona hurt me so I stopped going. After seeing my MRI, I think I made the right decision.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#132115 - 11/17/07 11:44 AM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: Saundra]
ladyjane Offline

We also have a local chiropractor named Dr. Popp !

#132116 - 11/17/07 10:50 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Went once with a girlfriend who wanted to date the chiropractor, it didn't do a thing for me, so I never went again. Oh, and I guess his adjustments worked for my friend because she and he got married, they're still married 18 years later.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#132117 - 11/18/07 01:26 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Dotsie, I thought of you this past Friday. I did a very non-thoughtful thing! It was cold and rainy here. I went down to retrieve the mail at around 4:30 P.M. On the way back and aware of the wind, rain and chilly temperatures, I was walking at a fast pace AND...get this....looking at the mail. The next thing I knew I was on the ground in the mud. Apparently my left ankle gave out in a small rut on our long, dirt driveway. I felt on my left hip. Muddy and very surprised, I hobbled back to the house. It's Sunday morning and I've been hurting ever since. I'm on a moist heating pad as I sit here trying to type. My lower back, left hip and left foot have been very sore...especially my back/hip. I had to tell this one because we started out talking about how we just do things without thinking and end up in a world of hurt...literally!! Ah yes, I know I'll survive but it really was dumb.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved