The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93410 - 10/27/06 01:24 AM Smashogram...
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
... otherwise knows as Mammogram! Yup, had mine today and just wanted to remind all you ladies to have yours. It could save your life.

Kathy

#93411 - 10/27/06 01:47 AM Re: Smashogram... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
As I have posted before and just finished reading yet again in Womans Wellness magazine. There is a safer, completely painless, non-invasive test called THERMOGRAPHY. It works by taking infra red photos of your breasts. These photos measure changes in heat in your breasts. Thermograms can detect a cancer twelve (12) years earlier that a mammogram or any other test. That's plenty of time to make dietary and other changes that could save your life. Because state of the art Thermograms are still new many hospitals and doctors don't have them available yet....I reported on thermograms almost a year ago. Heres why this is so crutial.
Mammograms can squeeze your breasts so hard that dormant cancer cells--which most everyone has from age 50 on, can rupture causing the cancer to become active and grow.....This may explain why although more women than ever are having mammograms, the number of women dying from breast cancer hasn't changed in 40 years. The GOOD news is now we have a better way to detect breast cancer...Ask your doctor if he/she has this test, if not, WHY NOT????

Edited by chatty lady (10/27/06 01:59 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#93412 - 10/27/06 07:42 AM Re: Smashogram... [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Thank you for the Squish-o-gram reminder.
Time to get those mammies grammed! Cindy

#93413 - 10/27/06 01:48 PM Re: Smashogram... [Re: diamond50]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Thanks Chatty. I'm with Kaiser and they don't offer the Thermography yet - but hopefully soon. I hadn't heard that mammograms can actually rupture cancel cells, but I have heard that some surgeries to remove cancerous tumors can cause the cancer to spread, so I guess that could happen.

I'll have to ask Kaiser when they'll get that new technology.

K

#93414 - 10/27/06 02:01 PM Re: Smashogram... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

#93415 - 10/27/06 07:30 PM Re: Smashogram... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I keep abreast of all the latest cures, procedures, natural remedies I can get hold of and always try to pass them on. My cousin is one of the leading Cancer Researcher Doctors in the country and he sends me the data they recieve from all over the world via newsletters. Its not me making off the wall claims. I hope to help any and all to at least be informed. All to often we the public are kept in the dark and not told of better cures and procedures that are approved and all we need to do is ask about them.

#93416 - 10/27/06 07:52 PM Re: Smashogram... [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

...abreast... get it? LOL

Sorry Chatty, it just struck me as a funny pun, although I'm sure it wasn't intended that way.

Just call me a boob for bringing it up...

#93417 - 10/27/06 08:05 PM Re: Smashogram... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Actually you got me Kathy! I was snickering when writing it, seemed appropriate somehow however. LOL
Okay now, 'abreast' and then 'boob', shame on us, he, he...

#93418 - 06/23/07 08:38 PM Re: Smashogram... [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Has anyone read Susun Weed's books on menopause? I like her approach & her attitude on how she views menopause for the most part. However, she disagrees with having mammograms. I have mammograms faithfully every year, but I often wonder if they REALLY do work as much as we are lead to believe. I do know a couple of women that have had mammograms religiously and have gotten a clean report. But...they end up finding a lump themselves a few months later....then the doctors do a sonogram. Also... If I understood Fran Drescher correctly, (The Nanny Show) she too, claims that having dense breasts is harder for the x-rays to detect cancer and it don't always show up in a mammogram....women should have a sonogram instead. So why don't they just give us sonograms in the first place???? By the way, I have heard about the THERMOGRAPHY, Chatty, and those are suppose to work well! Wonder why we haven't heard much about that from medical doctors??

#93419 - 06/23/07 08:48 PM Re: Smashogram... [Re: Cookie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

There was an article in Ladies Home Journal this month about this subject. Apparently the American Cancer Society still advocates mammograms for women over 40, but others say they shouldn't be necessary until women are over 50.

As far as the new technology, it just sometimes seems like the cost to implement might slow it down until it gets enough press to make us all demand it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved