The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#105098 - 01/27/07 06:11 AM Supplements
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Do you take supplements of any kind?
If not, why not?
If yes, what?
What brand and where do you purchase them (online or in a store)?
What made you decide to take them?
Do you feel they do you any good or do you take them in hopes of warding off an illness, aging or mental/physical disorder?

Thanks in advance for answers...

#105099 - 01/27/07 02:15 PM Re: Supplements [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great topic. I'm interested in hearing what women are doing. We've discussed this before but it was ages ago.

I take a very low dose of the birth control pill for perimenopausal symptoms and it works like a dream.

I also take Vitamin E for Fibrous Cystic Disease and it works beautifully.

That's all I'm doing now. This post reminds me that I need to begin taking my multi, calcium, and evening primrose oil again. I got out of the habit.

What are you taking?

#105100 - 01/27/07 02:48 PM Re: Supplements
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I take vitamin C and a multi-vitamin. That's about it!

#105101 - 01/27/07 03:38 PM Re: Supplements [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I purchase Origin from Target, to include milti- mineral/vitamin along with biotin, green tea, alpha lipioc, fish oil, and 81mg aspirin. Yet, should take more calcium!

#105102 - 01/27/07 06:43 PM Re: Supplements [Re: ]
gims Offline

I take a multi-vit & min called Life's Fortune (very potent - I can only take one a day and sometimes I have to skip a day), along with Vit C, Vit E, FishOil, l-Lysine, Biotin and HSN, CQ10. I was taking glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, on my sister's recommendation, but once my supply ran out, I gave it up. Didn't find that it made a difference.

#105103 - 01/27/07 06:56 PM Re: Supplements [Re: gims]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Let's see - I take a fist full these days. I take a One A Day for Women (without iron) - then for cholesterol, I take red yeast rice, policosinol, omega III's,; glusomaine & chondroitin for bum knee, supplemental calcium and ginko for brain fog. I have been purchasing the popular brands but my doctor has given me a source for pharmacuetical strength calcium that I will try next.

#105104 - 01/27/07 07:19 PM Re: Supplements [Re: browser57]
gims Offline

Hey browser, I've been trying to find something for lowering cholesteral. I see you take the red yeast rice and policosanol. Shouldn't you be supplementing the red yeast rice with coenzyme Q10, because, from what I've been told, red yeast rice might interfere with liver functions. Also, I've been told policosanol is a waste of money. I've had high cholesteral since my twenties, refusing medical doctors' presibed medications. I would like to take something natural, but have yet come across something I feel totally safe in taking. I have an herbalist who suggests things, and I trust her, but once I was introduced to a 5-HTP product for my moods and it sent me spinning - I was soooooo effected by it in a negative way... so, I rarely take anything new, without getting loads of feedback.

FYI - and this is only a guess on my part. I lost my gallbladder 3 years ago. I attribute its dysfunction, and ultimate demise (can an organ have a demise?lol) to the calcium supplements I had taken for years.

#105105 - 01/27/07 11:58 PM Re: Supplements [Re: gims]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have trouble swallowing supplements because they are so big now...I miss the little round One A-Days...do any of you know of a brand that isn't soooo big...and I don't like the chewables either!

#105106 - 01/28/07 02:27 AM Re: Supplements [Re: Jane_Carroll]
denanz Offline

Loc: Tempe Arizona
I take the Arbonne nutritional hybrids. The are supplements that you take twice a day. Several tablets a multivitamin, multimineral, calcium, antioxidant and digestive enzyme. A lot to gulp down but I believe it truly helps in keeping me healthy.

www.denisesgifts.com

#105107 - 01/28/07 03:33 AM Re: Supplements [Re: gims]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have just started seeing a new doctor - just finished up a batch of blood work. I will see her next week for the follow up - she will no doubt be reviewing all these supplements. My previous doctor worked with me and I lowered my total cholesterol from 275 to 184 with diet and supplements. I have read about Q10 and have a list of questions to take with me next week.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved