The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#82729 - 07/15/06 12:15 AM Getting Your Nails Done!
Pam R. Offline

I have been getting my nails done professionally for the past 15 years every two weeks. I have silk wraps and although they always look beautiful, I cringe when I think of how much money I have spent. I wonder if I will be 70 and still doing this? Anyone else go through this addiction like me?

#82730 - 07/15/06 12:49 AM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: Pam R.]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I don't, but I have a sister that would ask that the world stand still before she would miss her nail appointment, every two weeks. My best friend also has her's done, and several of my friends, come to think of it. I do my own but recently had a manicure and LOVED it! I wish I could afford to have one on a regular basis. What a treat!

JJ

#82731 - 07/15/06 01:28 AM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have had acrylics since forever. It's the only way I can have any kind of nails at all. My nails have always been the kind that peel off layer by layer. No amount of supplements, lotions, nail treatments, or anything would let me grow nails past the the level of the end of my fingers. The first time I got acrylics, I was hooked. I love the way they look.

Occasionally, I have them taken off for whatever reason, but always go back. I know they cost money that I could use for something else, but I'm convinced I'm worth it!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#82732 - 07/15/06 02:30 AM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: yonuh]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It only cost me 15 dollars every 3-4 weeks for a fill. Can't beat that...and I am worth every penny . A pedicure once in a while never hurts either. Groomed nails look so nice and I choose a different colour each time.I don't know what wraps are? Maybe you should look in to acrylic over your nails Pam. It doesn't cost much. What do you pay for wraps?
chick

#82733 - 07/15/06 01:19 PM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: chickadee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yonuh, have you tried, AppearX? The pharmacist keeps it behind the counter but it's the only thing that stopped my nails from peeling. Plus, I use Nailtique all the time too. Until I started using them, my nails peeled too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82734 - 07/15/06 01:51 PM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: Dianne]
Pam R. Offline

Chick, I tried acrylics several years ago but found them to look too thick and unnatural. Then the technician suggested silk wraps which are silk material that are cut to the shape of your nail and glued on. Then they use powder and gel and glue on top. Then, they drill down on the top of your nail to smooth it out. You need new wraps about every 6-8 weeks. It takes about 2 hours to do that part at a cost of $45. (plus tip of course!) Every 2 weeks you simply get fills of powder and gel, more drilling and the final manicure. That costs $25 (plus tip of course!!) The condition of my nails underneath all this is horrible. When they take off the old wraps every 6 weeks I get to see the damage that has been caused. The real nails are thin and bumpy. A friend had them removed and it took her 1 whole year for her nails to look normal. I am soooo hooked, there is no turning back now!

#82735 - 07/15/06 02:45 PM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: Pam R.]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I used to get acrylics, but stopped due to the cost and the fact that I started remodeling my home.

If you go to a good nail tech, they won't look thick. If they they do, then I would ask around and find another one. I think they look awesome with a French manicure, very natural looking.

Daisygirl

laurapoplin.com

#82736 - 07/15/06 03:33 PM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: Daisygirl]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I'm as hooked as you are Pam...I love having my nails done every few weeks...it's a little gift I give to myself...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#82737 - 07/15/06 03:36 PM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: Dianne]
yonuh Offline

Diane, thanks for the tip.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#82738 - 07/16/06 02:15 PM Re: Getting Your Nails Done! [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm sitting here looking at my fingernails and toenails thinking...it's time. I had them done for all the graduations and vacation, but it's time to have them done again. I go occasionally, but I especially like to have all 20 nails done in the summer.

I must share that we have several places to have them done and my daughter and I have switched to the less expensiive one. There are two spas in town that do a great job but they are so expensive. We found a less expensive place that does a great job, but I get the feeling it's a nail factory while I'm in there. Women are everywhere!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved