The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19815 - 06/06/06 03:45 AM pinched nerve
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Any suggestions for helping to rid me of a pinched nerve in my neck going down my right arm sometimes to the tip of my middle finger? I missed work today because I was up all night from pain. It's been since May 8 when I was trapped in the elevator. Maybe I'm not taking enough pain pills and muscle relaxers, but I don't want to take more because I don't like the way they make me feel. I'm getting really, really cranky!

#19816 - 06/06/06 06:46 AM Re: pinched nerve
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Saundra, I suffer from a neck injury due to a car accident in my 20's. The best thing you can do is put an ice pack on the injured disc. The swelling will go down and most of the time you will feel better.

Daisygirl

#19817 - 06/06/06 08:06 AM Re: pinched nerve
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I was doing some crazy physical moves ... I bent over to put my hair dryer away- HA! ... and I pinched a nerve in my back. The pain was incredible and I actually had a limp because my leg just wouldn't respond like it used to.

It lasted about 2 months, gradually getting better over time. But it sure made me have more empathy for folks with back injuries!

Ice is good, and depending on how it feels, stretching isn't bad either. Be careful though, that you don't pinch it more. Good luck!

#19818 - 06/06/06 04:51 PM Re: pinched nerve
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Saundra, once I pinched a nerve in my lower back just setting a small bag of potatoes down....Owwww! I went to the chiropractor and and got an adjustment. Having that done, helped relieve me of the excruciating sharp pain that I had shooting down my leg. I was still very sore, but the sharp pain was gone.....and like dasiygirl said, put an ice pack on injured area. It helps. Hope you feel better soon. [Smile]

~Cookie~

#19819 - 06/06/06 05:45 PM Re: pinched nerve
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
HOw about a chiropractor? Every now and then my husband throws out his back and he swears by his chiropractor.

#19820 - 06/07/06 12:53 AM Re: pinched nerve
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Is this a pinched nerve or damaged disk?

#19821 - 06/07/06 04:30 AM Re: pinched nerve
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Actually, mine WAS a damaged disk according to the CatScan I had - which didn't happen until it was almost better. But the disk was pressing down on the nerve, so does that count as both?

#19822 - 06/08/06 07:10 AM Re: pinched nerve
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I have a herniated disk in my neck and it was pressing on a nerve. I had to walk around with my arm lifted above my head to help alleviate the pain. I went to physical therapy and still do the exercises that keep my neck from getting too tight. Meds never worked for me and I don't like to be doped up anyway. I'm dopey enough without pills!

My doctor said I will eventually have to have surgery down the road in four or five years but I'm believing that if I do the exercises and don't have anymore run-ins with garbage cans on steep drive-ways, I won't have to have that surgery (don't ask! [Big Grin] ) The thought of surgery on my neck makes me cringe.

#19823 - 06/08/06 12:19 AM Re: pinched nerve
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Even when we feel strong, we are soooo fragile. I reviewed my MRI: neck and back are filled with herniated, bulging, protruding, encroached, and impinged discs and nerves.

I keep 2 ice packs in the freezer for these occasions and my trusty 30-year old heating pad lays waiting. I find them distracting, at best, working only when in strategic places. Chiropractors cause extreme pain. I think time, rest and Ibuprofen help, but that pesky work thing keeps getting in the way.

Its nice to know I'm in good company! Thank you.

#19824 - 06/08/06 01:05 AM Re: pinched nerve
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh, ouch, Saundra. That makes me hurt! [Eek!] [Frown] My doctor told me my neck was full of arthritis and I have to ask: how did that happen? Must have been from that wonderful man I was married to who liked to pick me up by my throat. Oh, violent marriages, the gift that keeps on giving!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved