The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#18370 - 04/23/05 10:27 PM Wanna neck?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
People are always telling me...You look so young for your age. One day an old fella said to me, "you can tell a woman's age by her neck, women go in the neck first." Bless his heart, D**n his soul.

I think he's right. If I has a neck tightening, I'd look younger there too. Wonder what it costs?

Would I have one...in a heartbeat. It's a for my eyes only, to please me, me, me! Vanity? I don't know.

Would I have any other work like a facelift? Never, but I think I'd keep tightening my neck til I could wear my belly button as a neck charm. [Roll Eyes]

Anyone had neck - surgery?

chick

#18371 - 04/23/05 10:48 PM Re: Wanna neck?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chick,

This is why "wise (ahem) older women" say, "take care of your neck while you are young"!

We often don't do our skincare routine on our necks...and it shows. darn!

Gravity is an awful thing! lol

danita

#18372 - 04/23/05 11:22 PM Re: Wanna neck?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Isn't that referred to as "turkey neck?" Gobble, gobble....LOL [Confused] [Big Grin]

#18373 - 04/23/05 11:30 PM Re: Wanna neck?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
ahhhh yup!

D.

#18374 - 04/23/05 11:45 PM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'll fess up. I had a complete face lift including forehead and neck ten years ago. What do you want to know?

#18375 - 04/24/05 12:19 AM Re: Wanna neck?
chickadee Offline

My neck is a heredity thing... [Frown]

How much does it cost and was it worth it? Would you do it again? How long does it last and did anyone besides YOU notice the difference.

Dianne, you are a beautiful looking woman...would you say that the procedure helped keep you that way?

And...tell me more...Any bad things?

chick

[ April 23, 2005, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#18376 - 04/24/05 01:48 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

At that time and I had a top plastic surgeon, it ran around $16,000. I have never had wrinkles, still don't. My face was just starting to droop. I needed a refresher.

Was it worth it. I can't really say. It made me not look so tired. I was really swollen for about six months tho and you have to sleep sitting up or you'll get really swollen, I mean a fat head! I also had bruising for about 4-6 weeks. Even my chin was black and blue and I figured the doctor put his foot there when he was pulling the skin up. [Eek!] Just teasing.

I looked the same, just a younger version of me. I didn't have any other cosmetic things done.

When you come out of surgery and for the first 24 hours, you have these rubber hose drains with tubes attached in about four places that drains excess blood. I was pretty high and slung my head around, telling everyone to look at my earrings.

Would I do it again? Probably not. I know I'll never have any type of cosmetic surgery performed again. It took a lot out of me. It was about a four hour surgery and they put me on morphine for the first few hours.

It hurts. That's a bad thing. You're laid up for about a week and housebound even longer. My sister also had it done but she was up and around sooner than I was.

It depends on how bad you need it, the results. My husband was really against it but it was my face not his.

Any other questions?

#18377 - 04/24/05 08:04 PM Re: Wanna neck?
chickadee Offline

Dianne, thanks for ALL the info. I think I'll pass up having any work done! I don't have wrinkles, just a couple of creases that run across my neck. Maybe I'll just leave everything alone...for now. [Cool]

chick

#18378 - 04/25/05 01:51 AM Re: Wanna neck?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wrinkles aren't the end of the world and a woman usually ages gracefully anyhow. I have and will continue to enjoy every stage of life I am lucky enough to experience. Wrinkled yep, one day, and that too I will embrace. I hope???? [Big Grin]

#18379 - 04/26/05 07:01 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I am now aging gracefully and proud of it. My mom is almost 80 and still doesn't have wrinkles. We have really good skin. I gave myself the gift of a face lift for all the abuse I had been through that wore me down. That and owning that DQ that really owned me and made me long for rest and quiet. Just my gift for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved