The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17522 - 10/05/03 07:54 AM hot baths
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nothing like a hot bath! Baths are one of the ways I take care of myself (probably ruining my skin) but I still consider it taking care of myself. One every night right before bedtime really soothes me, makes me so relaxed and ready for bed.

I've also been known to take one in the middle of the day after standing on soccer, baseball, football fields. In fact, I just took one after walking the race for the cure in the rain.

Try making it a part of your routine. You won't be sorry! [Wink]

#17523 - 10/04/03 08:14 PM Re: hot baths
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hear! Hear! I couldn't agree more however I do the shower thing. Nothing like that hot water soothing tired muscles. And down here...we take one on Saturday night whether we need it or not! [Wink]

#17524 - 10/07/03 12:20 AM Re: hot baths
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
When I was away I took a bubble bath alomst every night. I can't do it at home because our tub has drainage issues. I enjoyed the relaxing treat, especially after miles of walking and sight seeing.

#17525 - 10/08/03 02:29 PM Re: hot baths
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I just learned two things to do with tubs that drain. These are cheap and easy, don't even need to call the plumber.

I heard these because of the hurricane. People had filled their tubs hoping to have water during the storm, and they woke to empty tubs! [Eek!]

Put vaseline around the drain, then plastic wrap, then vaseline again...or

drip candle wax around the drain. [Wink]

Tried and true! I feel like Heloise. [Razz]

#17526 - 10/13/03 07:46 AM Re: hot baths
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dotsie, great idea! I have the kind of tub that drains out when I want it to hold water, but stays nice cand clogged up when i really need it to drain!

On the shower/bath issue... heh heh, I need to muster up the strength to clean the tub... there's no electricity in the bathroom because the wiring's shot, but when we first moved in and I had freshly scrubbed the thing out, I took a wonderful bubble bath (had to refresh it several times because it kept draing out) by candle light! It was fantastic!

I usually take cold showers --- I mean REALLY cold -- because I'm having round the clock hot flashes all the time. On top of that, I drink alot of ginger & green tea to help out my body pain / inflammation, which revs up my body heat a little bit more. It feels good, actually -- I start with cool or tepid water, and then turn off all the hot water. It's strange, but it actually helps a lot.

Blessings,
Lil

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved