The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17453 - 06/09/03 01:32 PM here or Mental Illness
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
I was debating whether to put this topic here or under mental illnes,because if I don't get some sleep I'm going to have a breakdown!!!
I've tried all the remedies out there.My body just wakes up.Mostly it's because it's in pain.I know I need a new mattress but my research is leaving me flumexed(is that a word?)
My shoulder area needs softness and my lower back needs firmness.I'd have to sleep on a Select Comfort cross ways.I've gone to www.eopinions.com and gotten some ideas.Anyone out there that can recommend a mattress.I need sleep!!!!!

#17454 - 06/09/03 04:53 PM Re: here or Mental Illness
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Some years ago when I was in an accident I damaged both my shoulder and my back. I usually slept in a recliner. It was the only place I could get the lumbar support without straining my shoulder. Now, several years post surgery, I sleep on a mattress with a double layer of the egg crate things they put on hospital beds. I also sleep on the side with the undamaged shoulder and hug a large pillow or stuffed animal,
(boo boo bear) which supports the damaged shoulder. Sounds crazy I know, but since my husband has vamoosed again, who's going to complain if I sleep with booboo bear.

#17455 - 06/10/03 07:04 AM Re: here or Mental Illness
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Several years ago I was in an accident and injured my shoulder. A year later I finally had surgery.

During those painless, restless nights I found comfort in sleeping in a recliner too. The recliner became a permanent fixture in our bedroom for quite a few months.

I am happy to report that since the surgery I have no problems sleeping on my left shoulder. I just wish I had the surgery the week after the acident instead of waiting and listening to the doctor for a year.

Is surgery an option for you?

#17456 - 06/11/03 01:08 PM Re: here or Mental Illness
caloona Offline

I'm trying to avoid another surgery.I ty to keep it to one a year. Is that a bitter tone escaping from me?

#17457 - 06/11/03 01:18 PM Re: here or Mental Illness
caloona Offline

OH, and thanks for the suggestions on the recliner.We just recently purchased a Laz-Boy.It is such a treat after a day running around in the classroom to be able to come home and put my feet up-literally!
Kathryn,sleep with boo boo bear.Do whatever takes care of you,comforts you.Concentrate on you as foreign as that may be to many of us who were never taught that.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved