The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#198089 - 01/18/10 11:22 PM Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them?
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Wondering if anyone has the new Skecher Shape-up shoes........you know that ones that are supposed to give you such a great workout just by walking in them? I tried them on, but they're expensive........wondering if they're worth it. Also tried on the Avia version, but they were really uncomfortable......haven't tried the Dr.Scholl version or the Reebox Easy-tones, would like to hear if anybody has tried any of the above............
if all I have to do is walk to have a great butt then I'm all for it............but after all these years of step-aerobics, weight-lifting, Pilates, etc, I find it hard to believe that a pair of shoes can deliver so much.............

#198099 - 01/19/10 01:24 AM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have seen the infomercials on them but they look uncomfortable to me. As far as being expensive, no problem if they actually work, but if not, then they are just another pair of shoes.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198103 - 01/19/10 02:02 AM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
CrossStich, I looked at reviews of the Reebocks, and they got the highest rating. I saw the Sketchers at DSW for 99.00.

#198131 - 01/19/10 02:31 PM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Did Dianne try them a couple years ago? Dianne, where are you?

I see them in the stores, but haven't seen too many people wearing them yet. Maybe they'll get big in the spring. Everyone's wearing boots now.

#198222 - 01/20/10 05:27 PM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: Dotsie]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have a pair of MBT's that were the original version of this concept. They cost me a fortune, but my sil (who is also a chiropractor recommended them and gave me a script that entitled me to a 20% discount at a local Runner's World store.) Anyway, they do work. I wear them all day when I'm around the house. You are 'working' all those muscles constantly because of the fact that you do not have a solid footing, you must continually adjust to keep your balance. If I don't wear them for awhile, I can really feel it in my buttock and back of my legs when I do go back to wearing them. I guess the patent expired on the MBT's which allowed these other companies to market their version.

#198362 - 01/23/10 02:35 AM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: browser57]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
As we age our arches fall and our feet lean inward toward the arches...does anyone know how these shoes affect the arches? I cannot wait until flip flop weather.

#198363 - 01/23/10 03:30 AM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: Dee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have re-discovered Earth Shoes - remember them? They used to be ugly. I have found some really cute styles for sandals and for winter - they even have boots. I bought mine at Zappos, and at the Walking Company online as well as a company called Good Earth. I wore regular shoes the other day and couldn't believe how my hips ached after a couple of hours. Earth shoes aren't cheap, but I'm worth it, especially if I feel better.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#198385 - 01/23/10 01:36 PM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: yonuh]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

I saw some really cute Earth shoes in one of my magazines -- they've really improved the styles, if I see some in the stores I'm going to have to try them on and check them out.
I got a pair of the Shape-up's
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/brandsforshoes/skechers/women/PRD~524962/Skechers+ShapeUps+Sleek+Fit+HighPerformance+Mary+Janes.jsp
I had part of a gift card left from Kohl's plus a coupon for 15% off so got them for about $70. Spent a large part of Thurs in them and they were very comfortable. Felt a little sore in my butt and quad muscles but it was hard to tell if it was from the shoes or some different exercise classes I did this week.........I added a step-aerobic class and a Pilates class to my schedule this week, changing things up a bit, and I know I was sore from that too. I'll keep y'all posted!

#198386 - 01/23/10 01:39 PM Re: Skecher Shape-ups -- anybody tried them? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Skecher's

oops first link didn't work try this one

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved