The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#127046 - 09/02/07 09:29 PM no luck
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I just can't lose any weight. I am about 70 pounds over and have been the same weight for a few years. I can't get the scale to budge. I did go up eight pounds in June while away and lost that quickly but went back to my old weight and the scale would not move even though I was still dieting, exercising etc. very frustrating.

I know part of my problem is stress, mainly from my son (drug addict). I have heard that stress keeps you fat. When I don't hear from him I stress and comfort myself with food, and when I do hear from him which is worse, I do the same thing. I don't eat alot, just the wrong foods.

I was wondering, now that I am desperate if I should look up classes for eating disorders as I am an emotional eater.
Has anyone done this, anyone tried acupuncture for losing weight. Also, with all those commercials about Jenny Craig (Valerie Bertinelli and Kirsty Allen) should I try this?

I am not able to do this on my own and have finally come to terms with this. I am so independent in everything else, but I need help as I've tried everything and just can't seem to do it on my own.

Also thought of talking to my doctor about seeing a nutritionist. If anyone has tried any of these methods, please let me know your experiences.
thanks,
Kate

#127047 - 09/02/07 09:42 PM Re: no luck [Re: katebcca]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Of all of the programs that are out there, the best feedback I have heard is from weight watchers. Checking in with peers once a week seems to work for many people.

Ask yourself what motivates you. Then try to find a program that matches that.

Best of luck. It ain't easy, no matter what you choose.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#127048 - 09/03/07 01:40 PM Re: no luck [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You've hit on something that a bazillion women are having trouble with nowadays. Emotional eating is a REAL thing, so don't think you're crazy for thinking it. Its real, alive, and living in Alabama. I do the same thing.

One other factor I'll throw into the mix is menopause. Before, during, and after, we (or some) put on this lovely pouch and could double for a kangaroo.

Right before Spring hit, I was determined to beat the heat, the pouch, and menopause after effects. I walked, I dieted, I ate all the right "stuff." I left off anything that had ingredients I couldn't pronounce. Everything was fresh or frozen. I walked over 3 miles a day. I was a woman possessed. First week, I lost weight, second week, same thing, third week, same, but less...then nada. After losing 20 pounds I could not budge the scale no matter what. Its very difficult to cut back on your already CUT BACK meals. Very.

I became discouraged and gave up. I couldn't get to the store quick enough to buy a bag of Oreos.

I believe we do things in stages or phrases. At least I do.

There's the -

I'm determined! -
During this one, I'm gun ho. I read all the books, research the Internet, and pick the one that speaks to my lifestyle at the time.

Then you get to the -
Calculate it
If I've lost 20 now, let's see, that's X pounds per week and if I loose that much every week for X weeks, I'll be back to my XXX pound fight weight in the year 2020.

This is usually when the goal starts looking like it lives in China. I begin getting discouraged. Again.

THEN the dreaded-
Something happens.
The kids, the grandkids, work, my shoes hurt, my house is dirty, the mailman hits my mailbox AGAIN, I have to fix my own meals which are beginning to taste like cardboard....WHATEVER. PICK ONE

I quit. I start feeling sorry for myself and can't do the distance. I would never be picked for an olympic team...unless eating sweets was a sport.

Given that thesis...PLEASE notice that while Valerie Bertinelli HAS lost some weight, Kirsty Allen is a joke. She's gained if anything. And those commericals are like fingers running down a chalkboard. I know LOTS AND LOTS of people who have done these programs and 9 times out of 10, it is for people looking for a quick fix. After you quit eating their EXPENSIVE meals, you put the weight back on. Usually then some.

Sensible eating over a long time period and exercising is the key. It is the ONLY key. Weight Watchers offers that, plus you get the eat a lot of the things that are otherwise taboo.

And another two cents worth...

#127049 - 09/03/07 04:32 PM Re: no luck [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I don't have any calorie bombs at home. That really does help.
Don't bake cookies or cake…no no no!
Forget storing ice cream…no no no!
If you need sugar, get those calore free candies, and suck on them for an hour.
Calorie free chewing gum works for me.
If your kids want an ice-cream, give them some money and send them on their way.

Only go shopping after a full meal
and
after reading a diet book.

I found that hunger is hunger is hunger....and it doesn't matter how you still it. If you can get rid of it with calorie low food...you feel as good...even tons better then when you stuff yourself with a quick high of chips or chocolate.

To tell you the truth I shouldn't talk, because I am constantly battling the bulge, but when I lose weight, that is the best and easiest method for me.

#127050 - 09/03/07 09:44 PM Re: no luck [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Katebecca, sending you PM on a super weight loss plan.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#127051 - 09/04/07 02:18 AM Re: no luck [Re: chatty lady]
katebcca Offline

Thanks Chatty, I replied to you and will check this out.

Hannelore, I fortunately don't eat ice cream and don't care about it or cakes. What I do eat is bread when I'm upset, the white kind with butter, (comfort food for me)

Comfort foods are a big No, NO, but I go for them when I'm upset which is alot these days as my son (drug addict) is
back on the scene. He is calling me constantly for help, to move back in, needs money etc. He is worse then ever.

Kate

#127052 - 09/04/07 05:52 PM Re: no luck [Re: katebcca]
WhatStopsYou Offline
stranger

katebcca -

Reading your post, I had so many thoughts and ideas...if you would allow me to offer you a free gift, I would actually love to send you a free copy of my book, What Stops You from Having the Body You Want, Overcome Self-Sabotage. Obviously I don't do this very often but there are so many concepts in the book about overcoming self-sabotage that will help you reach your goal. Because I'm a fitness trainer AND a hypnotherapist, there is a lot comprised in the book, particularly about unconscious self-sabotage. Please PM me your address if you'd like. I would love to help you reach your goal.

Cheers,
Darlene
Best Selling Author Darlene Braden; My gift to you: 365 Weght Loss, Daily Email Tips for success, http://www.whatstopsyou.com/365tips.html and Body Assessment e-Book http://www.whatstopsyou.com/balanced-body.html

#127053 - 09/04/07 05:54 PM Re: no luck [Re: WhatStopsYou]
WhatStopsYou Offline
stranger

And, katebcca, be sure to see my sig line for two free gifts that will really help you! (sorry, forgot to add that before I posted)

Cheers,
Darlene
Best Selling Author Darlene Braden; My gift to you: 365 Weght Loss, Daily Email Tips for success, http://www.whatstopsyou.com/365tips.html and Body Assessment e-Book http://www.whatstopsyou.com/balanced-body.html

#127055 - 09/04/07 10:58 PM Re: no luck [Re: ]
katebcca Offline

Thank you for all your tips and Darlene, that is an incredible offer.
I will send you my address for sure, and go to the links. I have researched gastic bypass surgery but don't want to go this route. I'm looking for other more healthy options but am getting very frustrated with the darn scale. It just doesn't like me :-)
Thanks,
Kate

#127056 - 10/08/07 04:51 AM Re: no luck [Re: katebcca]
katebcca Offline

Received the book Darlene and have read over half of it. I really appreciate your doing this. Thanks so much. It has some incredible info and I like the way it is laid out.
A really awesome and book with a unique perspective that makes a lot of sense .

big hugs,
Kate

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved