The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#128119 - 09/19/07 01:01 PM Alli
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm reading more about Alli and am curious to know if anyone has tried it. I'm afraid because I have a senstive stomach already. I've heard some women are meeting with success. Apparently it makes you more aware of the fats in foods and if you don't stay away from them, you know it. You will have undesirable side effects such as gas, incontinence and diarrhea. That's enough to keep me away from fatty foods!

Is anyone using it and meeting with success?

#128120 - 09/19/07 01:12 PM Re: Alli
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dotsie, I've never heard of it. Is it a pill, drink, exercise, what?

Thanks

#128121 - 09/19/07 01:28 PM Re: Alli [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My sister tried it and she said she had nothing but constant diarrhea. She said she wouldn't recommend it to anyone. As a matter of fact, she tried to give them to me and I said, "Why would I want to take something that made me have constant diarrhea, sis? Are you thinking this is a gift? Give me jewlery, give me a gift certificate, but diarrhea? Ah...no thanks."

Since then, I've heard other people say the same thing. And these pills are NOT cheap. Send me the 39.99 and I'll give you the secret. THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS. I think people who take this supposedly "magic" pill are looking for a jumpstart. They think if they could just lose a few pounds and get the mojo going, they could do it on their own from there....or maybe they think this pill will do it for them??? I dunno. Eating right and exercising are the key. Course, I threw the key away a long time ago...now hand me that Oreo.

#128122 - 09/21/07 11:55 AM Re: Alli [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Kathy, www.myalli.com is their site.

I have a friend who tried it and it seemed like she was afraid to eat because of running to the bathroom. Now what good is that? Can you imagine taking this when you're at work?

#128123 - 09/21/07 12:48 PM Re: Alli
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I just had a thought. They should use Alli for the cleanser just before the colonoscopy, yes? It would work great!

#128124 - 09/22/07 08:30 PM Re: Alli [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

From the sound of it, that's about right?

#128125 - 09/25/07 09:20 AM Re: Alli
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't trust any of those fat eliminators, nothing thats not natural. JJ's right, eat sensibliy and drink lots of water...
Now this is good....
At my writers meeting three weeks ago, I was fooling around when some of the writers were saying how thin I was looking and asked what I was doing? Being me, the jokester, I said I am doing the THREE BITE DIET. OH, they said, and how does that work, still kidding around. I said you can eat anything you want as long as all you eat of it is three bites, not one bite more. Then after the three bites, you walk around for 10 miutes. Never thought anything else about it until tonight. One of the gals was all excited and when she got up to read she said, and I want to thank Charleen, I tried her THREE BITE DIET and have lost nine pounds, and it was so easy. I nearly died, so now I am a diet guru...Move over Susan Potter, and Jenny Craig, Chattys in town...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#128126 - 09/25/07 07:40 PM Re: Alli [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

This is hysterical. It's time for a book.

#128128 - 10/03/07 02:08 PM Re: Alli [Re: ]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
You know ladies, my mind works in mysterious ways...lol Haven't you ever wondered what would happen if "the urge" hit a drummer in the middle of a drum solo in a stadium filled with spectators, or president Bush in the middle of a press conference, or a sky diver????, or a minister in the middle of delivering a message or your obgyn in the middle of delivering your baby, or someone stuck in standstill traffic out on the interstate?, or , or, or
Now you see why I'm a child...and two of the above have happened to me. I carry an extra pair in my makeup kit.

#128129 - 10/03/07 03:20 PM Re: Alli [Re: NewLeaf]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

A skydiver? mahahahahaah.....that visual has me on the floor laughing! Can you imagine? mahahahaha.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved