The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#83285 - 07/21/06 02:32 AM So, I lost 11 lbs but...
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
...I'm not an exerciser. Used to be years ago, but stopped. Lazy butt here.

However, I know I must, so picture this...(Now don't ya'll laugh)...

One woman; five leash-less dogs walking out in the scrub-laden desert.

The woman: Sporting the latest of desert/farm life attire. WEll-worn leather clogs (no socks); baggy shorts that could fall off (but who cares, no one's around!); tee-shirt (no bra, but no body's lookin' ); straw hat; two cans of kernel corn for the ol' arm exercises.

Five dogs; one boy Aussie, two other girl Aussies, two blue heelers.

Here we go...

Woman walking/marching to exercise her legs. Arms waving with two cans of corn (corny, I know! )

Dogs: Bonnie the heeler AT my heels (low girl on the totem pole here )) Boy dog, Farmer, utilizing his testosterone to it's fullest potential, however, he is the baby!)

Amber, elder of the bunch, meandering along

Cocoa, other heeler...sprinting w/Farmer.

Princess Munchkin (aka Munchie) lolly-gags around since she IS, after all, THE princess!!

Momma (me) yells "let's go home"!!! Everyone about faces and heads back but.....

Bonnie gets yelled at by Farmer (alpha vs low girl) What an ordeal!

Eventually we are all back home with Farmer and Munchie swimming in their doggy pond (formerly DH's fish pond)

Moral: Don't judge a woman by her dogs!!

(Gosh, I hope that low-flying helicopter was not ABC news with Brian Williams doing a story about the beauty of the desert Southwest!!)

#83286 - 07/21/06 01:38 PM Re: So, I lost 11 lbs but... [Re: Di]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love this...what a visual! JJ

#83287 - 07/21/06 02:23 PM Re: So, I lost 11 lbs but... [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Di, what fun. I swear I saw you! Do you really have five dogs? Wow, I would think caring for them would be enough exercise in itself.

#83288 - 07/21/06 02:29 PM Re: So, I lost 11 lbs but...
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Quote:

Di, what fun. I swear I saw you! Do you really have five dogs? Wow, I would think caring for them would be enough exercise in itself.

You SAW me?? Oh no!!!

Yes, five doggies. They fill our need for children.

But ya know, they are very well behaved. DH is an excellent "dog whisperer". They know what their names are and are not.

For instance, imagine opening a gate/door with five active doggies behind it! BUT, ours only come when they hear their name.

HOwever, when one is left, we call all the other names to "test" them. They listen for their own name and only come when they hear it! People are so impressed! (Sorry, should have been in the pets section)

But they are active and yes, they do keep us hopping!

#83289 - 07/22/06 10:27 PM Re: So, I lost 11 lbs but... [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Di this picture really made me smile today and being DOG WOMAN myself I fully understand.....charming to say the least!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#83290 - 07/30/06 10:33 PM Re: So, I lost 11 lbs but... [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am living proof that you can lose a good amount of weight without exercise BUT...big BUT here, the skin will not tighten quickly enough if you are losing fast as I am now. You need the exercise in order for the skin to get and stay tight. Hate exercise but know I would hate flapping skin even more....

#83291 - 09/03/06 12:22 PM 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Di]
Kat_X Offline

Hello! My name is Marry.

I'm 25. I want to tell you my story. I hope it might help somebody. In the end of studying at school I weighted 200 pounds. It's very much for my height of 66 inches. But it created me no problem. And I think that stories like "I weighted 200 pounds and looked like a cow:" are complete stupidity.

I married and gave birth. After the delivery my weight was the same - 200 pounds. And then I began putting on the weight. Very fast. At first I tried to resist. I tried to grow thin but with no result. My weight came to 250 pounds and wasn't about to stop growing.

For years later my weight came to 340 pounds . It was terrible. It was time to do something. I tried many different diets but always fell to the ground. I couldn't retake even one inch or pound. I almost despaired but heard by accident about the Kremlin diet (Kremlin politicians's diet) .

It was a dream, not a diet. No hard limits. To learn more about it see www.aboutfreediet.com

I want to say only one thing. Five months passed - and I've grown thin to 225 pounds . It's unbelievable but it's truth. I'm going on, I like it and don't plan to stop. So, dear girls, if you think your 200 pounds is a problem, what about my 340 pounds? I do no sports. Just trying to go on foot and nothing more.

If I can to grow more thin, I'll write one more story .

#83292 - 09/03/06 06:52 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Kat_X]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Kat X

Good for you! You keep going! I like your terminology of "grow thin" rather than "lose weight".

#83293 - 09/04/06 12:02 AM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You go girl and mre power to you...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved