The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17258 - 03/04/06 06:38 AM Belly Flatteners
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Best Mind Set When Dieting

Calm and relaxed. Runaway stress can be partially to blame for your belly bulge. Too much of it increases the levels of the hormone cortisol, which seems to send fat to the tummy. For a quick stress reliever, close your eyes and take several deep breaths....

Best Drink when dieting

Ice-cold water. It's calorie free and fills you up, so you eat less. It can also help flush awy premenstrual bloatng. Drink it ice chilled, and you'll even burn a few calories as your body warms it up. Chewing ice chips helps curb night time snacking....

Best Foods to Consume

Beans and berries. White beans, black berries, dried apricots, and winter squash are high fiber winners. Not only is fiber great for weight loss because it makes you feel full, but it also prevents constipation, which can make your belly look larger. Aim for 25 to 35g a day. NOTE: If your not use to eating hig fiber foods, increase your intake slowly and spread it out throughout the day. Too much, too fast can lead to bloating and discomfort. You might try BeanO a product that eliminates gas and bloating.

#17259 - 03/05/06 08:22 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Chatty - have any other good sources of fiber but good for a diet ?

I've recently been diagnosed with silent acid reflux -- and since I've had it for quite awhile now (apparently) and it's done a lot of damage -- I have to be very careful of anything that can cause more acid

#17260 - 03/06/06 04:04 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Go the the main Boomer page and Google in:

fiber rich foods

Just that way and you will be amazed at what comes up. Now with the acid reflux disease be mindfull of the foods that cause gas,(burping) like cabbage, cauliflower etc. I recommend a natural product you, or anyone can use (I do) its called BeanO and one tablet stops gas in its tracks....

#17261 - 03/06/06 05:31 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, Cracklin'Oats cereal is a great fiber cereal. I mix cereals and love adding Cracklin"\' Oats because it also adds sweetness.

#17262 - 03/06/06 05:43 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
lionspaaw Offline

My doc has me on Protonix 2x a day and then 300mg of Zantac at bedtime -- and I still have to chew a rolaids 3 or 4 times a day --

but you say BeanO is natural ????

i'm off to GOOGLE

#17263 - 03/06/06 06:21 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes but Bean-O is a tablet you would take before eating say cabbage or cauliflower or anything that would/could cause gas and it eleminates it. I hope you're off coffee too as it causes acid reflux as do colas. I would find a good nutritionist and they can tell you what to avoid and what to eat to help mend the damage and stop any further damage. You must educate yourself because no oine not even the doctor will care about you as much as you should. I did that with Diabetes and rarely even have to take a pill anymore....I control it with diet and exercise.

[ June 04, 2006, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#17264 - 03/06/06 06:48 PM Re: Belly Flatteners
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cola's cause acid reflux? I didn't know that. Gotta tell hubby. Thanks chatty!

Lion, try going to a health food or vitamin store and chatting with the employees. Sometimes they're better than the pharmacists.

#17265 - 03/07/06 04:25 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dotsie any carbonated beverage will cause gas and possibly burping which is the same thing...

Oh and Lionspaaw make sure its the owner or manager of the health food store or someone whos been there awhile, not some housewife, college kid etc. (part-timers) who's experience is usually limited...

#17266 - 03/08/06 03:58 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
lionspaaw Offline

I hear you on that chatty -- my biggie was stopping the Pepsi -- I'm not a coffee drinker but I can sure go thru the Pepsi -- and any of those diet drinks like Crystal Light or diet tea -- all loaded with the carbonation -- so I'm trying very hard to stick to just water (and juice because of the citrus acid in them)

also I try to eat several small meals -- it seems to help not to stuff myself at one meal or let my stomach get empty

#17267 - 03/08/06 04:36 AM Re: Belly Flatteners
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am a sugar free root beer junkie but besides lots of ice I cut it with water. There is another really good drink, NO carbonation, its sugar free and comes in many flavors. Its Kool-aid and Wal-Mart carries it. I guess Crystal light is good as well. These are flavorful drinks made with water and NO carbonation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved