The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17307 - 05/18/06 02:21 PM help required
Mountain Ash Offline

Just copied and pasted my post...I realise I put it in "Health"..

I will read some of the previous post to pick up ideas...

I am being brave....
Admitting to you girls I am growing (F_T)
I have never been skinny. I was very supple due to daily gym with pupils who needed extra imput.Then in my 40's I had a hysterectomy followed by a racing thyroid which DID make me way too thin.It was nice to fir smaller skirts but my face was gaunt.I then had radio active treatment and will be on thyroine for life.
I had an injury to my acral bone..now have athritis.I am limited in movement.Went through a reactive depression and now feel ready to be a true boomer.
Enough of that.
I do so want to have an eating plan for life.I accsociate food with nurture.We had rationing here in the UK when I was tiny...so treats were foods that were scare.I have successfully lost weight prior to my hysterctomy knowing that this was good for my recovering.As I may need a repair soon(bladder problems) I must try.
Being at home now is one problem All the goodies at hand.I just buy bigger clothes and feel I am almost giving in to be a round lady.At the most I need to loose 14 pounds.Can someone who has been able to work out an eating plan advise me.
I cannot eat any saccilyc acid foods due to allergy(serious anaphaltic shock) I prefer savoury foods .
I do hope there is help from somone.
Thank You
Mountain Ash

#17308 - 05/18/06 05:23 PM Re: help required
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Mountain Ash, are there children at home? Who do you buy the treats/goodies for?

One of the best things that worked for me (because I have one heck of a sweet tooth!) is to get rid of all the food that I shouldn't have. I just don't buy it and bring it home - then I'm not tempted by it.

I still have two teen boys at home, but I buy them things I don't like, such as those sour apple rings, or Oreos. (I like my chocolate gooey, not dry.)

I know this isn't the long term eating plan you were looking for, but it sure helped me! Keep up the efforts!

Kathy

#17309 - 05/18/06 08:50 PM Re: help required
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Only having to lose 14 pounds isn't so bad! How about just cutting back portions, and cutting out all refined sugar?

#17310 - 05/18/06 10:54 PM Re: help required
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Getting rid of the goodies and cutting portions are good advice. What helps me is writing down what I eat every day. Knowing I have to write it down, makes me think twice about putting it in my mouth.

#17311 - 05/19/06 08:17 PM Re: help required
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
ALL,
Please do not use this site for advertisement of other sites.

Many thanks! JJ

#17312 - 05/19/06 10:49 PM Re: help required
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Really, 14 lbs. is not bad. I need to lose at least 16.

I'm staying away from all sweets, refined foods,juices, etc., and still having trouble losing weight. But I don't give up. I'm trying to increase excercise too.

At this age, out metabolism slows down. I once had a problem with hyperthyroidism and got too skinny. Now... not skinny any more [Big Grin] .

#17313 - 05/20/06 04:42 PM Re: help required
Mountain Ash Offline

Songbird
thanks.Yes hyperthyroid...me too.Then the radio active treatment blasted mine.
Since contacting you all I feel I have support and will cut out sweet treats.
see you all here
Mountain Ash

#17314 - 05/20/06 04:45 PM Re: help required
Mountain Ash Offline

Vicky
yes I will start to write everything down.

Rick and June
yes family is here....one 6ft 3ins son..daughter who like me wants to eat healthily.
Mountain Ash

#17315 - 05/21/06 08:38 AM Re: help required
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
Boy I hear ya. Have about the same 15 or so pounds that I NEED to get rid of. I get a mind set, then I get hungry! I'm not a sweet person, but I love my salty stuff. Chips, cheese, peanut butter...and I don't like fruit (do like veges though). Need to get busy, it seems this is all I think about sometimes - losing weight. I think I'll pick up the food journal also, you're probably right, just the thought of having to write it down could be a good determent.

#17316 - 05/21/06 09:17 AM Re: help required
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My daughter is a diabetic and this is what her nutritionist likes her to do. I think it works well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved