The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#16924 - 09/08/05 11:40 PM Anti-Aging?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies, I'm concerned w/ looking younger (will be 40 next year) which is actually a socially inflicted concern on my part! Thus, I've tried several products on a limited budget. Yet, would like to ask your experiences and concerns with products (lotions and potions for face and body), diet (don't eat beef), etc. What has and has not worked for you? Whether it be from the cosmetic counter or drug store? Thank you ladies!

#16925 - 09/09/05 02:08 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hi Mustanggal
I don't know of any potions or lotions that work, but would be glad to hear of any that do also. I am 45 and have been told by many that I look younger. I think its partly because I'm thin and partly because I wear less makeup than I used to. But I know my luck won't be holding out much longer so ladies, please share your secrets!

#16926 - 09/09/05 05:42 PM Re: Anti-Aging?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Drink lots of water. I keep hearing that.

Also, exercise. Even though it may not make you look younger in the face, it does something to the spirit and makes you feel better about yourself.

I also beleive it's important to be connected to God. Allow Him to fill your inside and then we tend to care less about the outside because we are happy within.

I am getting ready to use Arbonne products on my face. I'll let you know how that goes. Ah...more lotions and potions!

#16927 - 09/10/05 08:59 PM Re: Anti-Aging?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My "cure" is called IPL (intense pulsed light) and a dermatologist can do it for you. It's also called photorejuvination too. It gets rid of age spots, freckles, broken blood vessles and stimulates the under skin to boost new cell growth. I have it done about every 4-5 months.

Sunscreen. Always wear it!

#16928 - 09/11/05 05:02 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Some women when they become a certain age fret over growing older to the point of obsession. I have seen this many times and that in itself can cause wrinkles. All of Dotsies ideas are good ones and just relax, allow your body to be whatever it is going to be. Have a good cleansing regimen and moisturizing. Eat properly thats the key, stay clear of fatty foods and too much sugar, hydrate your body well, stay regular, get plenty of rest and take a good multi vitamin. Whats going to happen will happen no matter what you do to the outside, its the inside that governs ones looks anyway. Oh and the less you drink and smoke the better....

#16929 - 09/12/05 06:00 PM Re: Anti-Aging?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you gals! All very good advice!

#16930 - 09/13/05 05:36 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I have always looked younger than I am....& I believe it's because of moisturizing my skin daily. I also wash with a glycerine soap.

I also believe that eating right & drinking lots of water does help also. I saw it work in my cousin--and there is truth in that theory!!!

Now that they don't proof me for alcohol anymore..it's kind of depressing! I was proofed till I was 30!!! [Smile]

#16931 - 09/14/05 04:03 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Mustang Gal,

As Dianne said, use sunscreen!

Only 10% of the visiable signs of aging are unavoidable. (intrinsic)

A whopping 90% of the visible signs of aging can be avoided by protecting your skin from the sun!

Isn't that amazing!

A good skincare routine will leave your skin feeling like baby skin.

Exfoliating is also important - this rids your skin of the grey dead skin that makes one look dull and older!

I just turned 40 and I'm celebrating! I'm 40, fabulous, and my best years are from here on out!

Wooo hooo! Party on girls!

hugs,
danita

#16932 - 09/15/05 01:48 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Can you tell Danita just got back from the Big Island with her hubby for two weeks?

We missed you girl!

#16933 - 09/15/05 02:00 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ahhhh, thanks Dots!

I feel a little like a stranger here. I've been gone not just the 2 wks to Hawaii but 2 weeks before that to Maryland!

I'm easing my way back in.

I've been thinking what part of the trip can I share with you all (giggles)?

Will do so tomorow on the travel forum!

Danita

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved