The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#16577 - 02/10/05 02:09 AM This might sound selfish...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've decided I'm going to put myself first. I start Yoga lessons tomorrow and I'm cleaning up my act...eating better and taking good care of myself. I'm going to get out more often and stop being so reclusive, something I tend to do. I'm going to connect with the positive, supporting friends and the ones who don't support me or bring me down are going to be allowed to float away, gently.

I had to go through some rough times before I arrived at this decision and sadly, there has been pain involved but that seems to be the only way I "finally get it." I'm a stubborn old cuss and believe in things much longer than I should.

I feel like I've been set free.

#16578 - 02/10/05 02:51 AM Re: This might sound selfish...
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I'm sure that you feel light as a feather now that you've made your decisions. We do need to think about US and what's best for US sometimes - even if it means letting old, non-supportive friends "fade away". Congratulations on making a decision to put yourself first - some of us spend our whole lives trying to please everyone ELSE, and ignoring our own needs. Best of luck Dianne!!! By the way, yoga is wonderful both physically and mentally...you will love it!

#16579 - 02/10/05 06:35 AM Re: This might sound selfish...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dianne,
I salute you dear friend. I've gone thru a similar act of ...hmm....what shall we call it? Finding ourselves? Finding our place? space? Whatever it is, it feels good to let go of the excess baggage that is holding us back, or down. I know I did just that with a particular friend who was more than willing to BE my friend, as long as I did everything SHE wanted to do, didn't talk about writing, and hid my successes. Then, wham! I woke up. I'm sooo glad I made the move to "fade the friendship" as Pam said. It was one of the best things I've ever done. AND...I felt like a freed bird! I've also been very careful about the friends I've gathered around me since.

Good luck to you, and I'm thinking the yoga might be a great thing to do. I might just have to check into that myself! Can you wear a crown while you do that?

JJ

#16580 - 02/10/05 06:52 AM Re: This might sound selfish...
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
No, JJ, that crown might get in your way!

I think it must be the stage of life we find ourselves in. I started saying 'Life's too short for this!" about a lot of things in the last couple of years.

I just bought a book called "Talking So People Will Listen" and when I get through with that book, I'm gonna have a few things to say!! LOLOL!

#16581 - 02/10/05 07:20 AM Re: This might sound selfish...
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
JJ, there are many inverted postures in yoga, and I am afraid you might get impaled by da queen's crown. Dianne, you sound so confident in your decision. I think this choice might come on the heels of the friend who gave you mixed messages about working on a project: she sounded so draining! You don't sound selfish at all. How could you be with all you GIVE! A little gift of yourself to your SELF can restore your spirit. Love and Light, Lynn

#16582 - 02/10/05 11:56 AM Re: This might sound selfish...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dianne, it's about time!!! I applaud your great decision. You deserve it, gal.

#16583 - 02/10/05 09:01 PM Re: This might sound selfish...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Donna, I'm laughing at your post.

"Power to midlife women!" I'm raising my fist. Can you see it?

Dianne, congrats on your revelation. I want to hear about your yoga class.

We're on the right path when we continue to look inward, be still, and make the necessary changes that provide for more happiness within!

#16584 - 02/10/05 09:01 PM Re: This might sound selfish...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks, sweet friends. Today is my first Yoga class. Geesh, I'm so stiff. I'm afraid of all the moaning that might come out of my mouth and the creaks coming from my bones! Appreciate the support so much.

#16585 - 02/10/05 09:04 PM Re: This might sound selfish...
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
just cover it up with ahem...Om, Om, Om....they'll never know the difference. [Wink]

#16586 - 02/10/05 09:11 PM Re: This might sound selfish...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes, I must find my "vibrational hum. Maybe I should go sit in the Sedona Desert and find a vortex!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved