The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#16496 - 10/26/04 04:56 PM exercise from youth
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've spoken with four women who have returned to the sport of their youth. Three are now horse back riding and the other is dancing.

They are loving life. They've shared that it takes them back to the days of their youth and makes them feel young again. [Wink]

What do you think ladies? What sport/activity would you return to?

#16497 - 10/26/04 10:05 PM Re: exercise from youth
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
If I were healthy and able, I'd go back to playing racquetball or tennis.

#16498 - 10/26/04 11:07 PM Re: exercise from youth
Elsielc Offline

Loc: Orange County, CA
If I could just return to my youth I would be happy just for that - never mind picking a sport!!!

Was never really athletic, but loved to go hiking. Did a little tennis. Right now I can barely walk - more remnants of chemo. And old age really puts the pain on the knees. I would have done more sports then if I knew what would happen to me later..

#16499 - 10/27/04 03:01 AM Re: exercise from youth
Claire Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Howya
I am 38 and although I think I look good facially, the abuse of binge eating and drinking and the lack of physical exercise that I have done to my body, makes me feel a lot older. I have aches and pains where I am sure I shouldn't have. If I could go back to a sport or activity that I did when I was younger, it would be running. Right now, I have taken up dog walking and although I am finding it a challenge to get fit, it's working... It makes me feel motivated to think that my walk has a purpose other than to benefit me, though that is an added bonus! I know the dogs need their walks and are relying on me! What could be more motivating! I hope to get back running again before I am 40!
Bá mhaith liom ag rith anois (I would like to run now!) But as it is 1am, I better join my husband in bed! I have a hospital appt at 9.30am and then we are going to airport for a 4 day trip to Prague in the Czech Republic! Can't wait!
Anyway, I be away until Sunday so I will be strangely silent until then!
God bless everyone!
All the best
Clairey xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All the best

Clairey

#16500 - 10/27/04 03:15 AM Re: exercise from youth
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I love to walk around here it is so pretty,but a couple of weeks ago I tried my best to walk and my neigbors sidewalk was raised because of his tree roots and I feel on my knees and hurt hands. Darn,that sidewalk out there. So, I just walk the mall and find it safe for now.

Always , something out there to jump up and grab you out of know where. Hurt like heck.

Nancy

#16501 - 10/27/04 03:28 AM Re: exercise from youth
Claire Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Hi Nancy!
I understand completely! I do that sort of thing all the time! Have to go now and you won't hear from me until next week as I am off on holiday tomorrow!
All the best
Slán
Clairey
xxxx

#16502 - 10/27/04 11:27 AM Re: exercise from youth
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
When I was in my 20s I used to dance for hours. I miss that more than anything. Now I'm lucky to go 10 minutes without getting winded.

#16503 - 10/27/04 03:19 PM Re: exercise from youth
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Claire
Hope you're having fun on your trip and tell us all about it when you return.
I never exercised, ever. I know I should but have never been motivated to do it. I'm pretty hyper though and I think I burn off calories just by being me. I'm thin but not fit. I can't dance either..2 left feet [Smile] My hubby and I took country line dancing lessons a while back (one of his friends was teaching the class) neither of us could get the steps right... it was fun trying though.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved