The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#159940 - 09/15/08 09:58 PM Vegan Cooking
BarbWilber Offline

Loc: Northern California
I read the other thread about being vegan - not sure how many here are interested in that as a way of life. I am a vegan - and I love it. I feel better and eat better tasting food now than I ever did trying to include meat at every meal. I have tons of good vegan recipes and some good cookbooks if anyone wants to swap or share or even just receive some good vegan recipes. How about it? Anyone here vegan? (is that an echo I hear???)

#159951 - 09/15/08 11:58 PM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: BarbWilber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Our Meredith, Meridith, Meridith (echo) is vegan too and I do a lot of vegan recipes. I would love you to share some recipes below in the Favorite Recipe section. You will also find many already posted if you scroll around and go back a ways....What fun to have another recipe poster on the site...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159952 - 09/16/08 12:00 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh and Meredith (jewelry maker) is in California too, I am in Vegas...

#159953 - 09/16/08 12:01 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: BarbWilber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Barb, I'm laughing at your comment because sometimes when we post, it came seem like this place is a ghost town and I look around to make sure I'm in the right forum!

On the Vegan thing. I won't call myself a vegan because there are times I just HAVE to have a big fat juicy hamburger off the grill. I'm not much of a steak person, and if I had to go the rest of my life without meat, I'd be fine. But I have to say my weakness is for pork. I LOVE PORK CHOPS...FIXED ANY WAY...ANY HOW....Why do I feel like I just stood up in a AA meeting.

AnyHOO...I love veggies, too...and would love to hear of some of your recipes. Fire away!

#159954 - 09/16/08 12:01 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: BarbWilber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Barb, I've mentioned before you joined, although I'm not vegan per se, about 95% of my food intake is. Fish once or twice a week, no red meat for ~35 years, and minimal dairy. So most meals would be completely vegan.

Tonight I'm making mystery squash, small round (the size of big lemons) green (coloring like watermelon rind) that was gifted to me at the farmers' market yesterday. Since I have absolutely no idea what it is, I'll cook first and then figure out what to do with it. Oh yes -- it's for a dinner party HAHA! Which should also tell you -- my cooking is a little on the experimental side. Sometimes (not very often) I look at recipes, but hardly ever follow them.

I'll probably add my usual concoction of spices, olive oil, walnuts, minced garlic and onions. Maybe cherry tomato? Then I have to decide -- rice? pasta? or in a salad with cranberries? This is how I cook -- I never know what I've done until 5 minutes after it hits the table.

Which probably doesn't make me the best person to trade recipes with. Mystery food with unmeasured quantities of ...whatever. LOL

Maybe I should add tofu?

Poet and essayist

#159958 - 09/16/08 12:03 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh Meredith...I'd love to eat there! And I love cranberries in ANYTHING!

#159964 - 09/16/08 12:23 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
posting as I make it, or I won't remember...

in 12 fry pan, thin coat of olive oil on bottom.
slice 7 mystery squash and cover pan (slight overlap)
cook on medium
slice/chunk 1/2 yellow onion. Add to pan. don't stir yet, squash needs to cook more.
dice 10 cloves of garlic. Add to pan.
3 large handfuls of chopped walnuts. add.

...Meredith off to stir & make mystery sauce...

Poet and essayist

#159966 - 09/16/08 12:28 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: BarbWilber]
HelenO Offline

Wow! I'm new here and so happy to have found you! I'm also new at being a vegan and appreciate any help you can give on recipes.

Currently I'm eating a lot of raw veggies, fruits and nuts. This is getting tedious.

HelenO

#159967 - 09/16/08 12:29 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Mere, you can also slice the squash thin, leaving well washed skin on, layer one level into baking dish, then sprinklke on any kind oif cheese, then another layer of squash and more cheese and so on. Then just poop in oven for 30 minutes or cheese is bubbling.

#159968 - 09/16/08 12:34 AM Re: Vegan Cooking [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Welcome Helen! We're so glad that you've joined us.

What kind of veggies do you enjoy eating? That might stir up someone's suggestions for some recipes!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved