The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#131374 - 11/07/07 11:07 PM No more tomatoes or potatoes?
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Today I read that eliminating tomatoes and potatoes (nightshade family) will lessen arthritis pain. I'd hate to give them up, but if it works I will. Anybody else hear anything about this?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#131375 - 11/08/07 12:31 AM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: Saundra]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I've never read that...but I'd starve...that leaves out French fries and ketchup...and just about everything that I eat! LOL! Good luck and keep us posted on the results!

#131376 - 11/08/07 04:12 AM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
So far, it seems that everything we eat besides cardboard is bad for us. I-ya-ya...no potatoes? no tomatoes? There's a song in here somewhere...

#131377 - 11/08/07 09:27 AM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes I know that this is advised here.Peppers too.
Mountain ash

#131378 - 11/08/07 06:47 PM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Saundra Offline

After careful consideration, I don't think my arthritis is bad enough to give up tomatoes and potatoes which contain valuable nutrients I'm not going to get anywhere else - like in french fries and ketchup.

#131379 - 11/08/07 07:48 PM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I read somwwhere long ago that as long as you eat the nightshade veges with a protein it lessons and protects from their effects on arthritis. Say STEAK and potatoes, or french fries, and ketchup with your BURGER. Sounds doable to me, LOL!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#131381 - 11/12/07 11:50 PM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Methinks I will just dress warmly and continue to exercise safely...to stave off arthritis.

I love tomatoes (Please, not ketchup. I haven't had any in several years.) Potatoes are less in my diet but we're gonna try little purple potatoes tonight!

#131382 - 11/22/07 01:17 AM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: orchid]
8Amanda Offline

Loc: Beautiful Utah
Hi Saundra,
This is my first post and I am happy to share that I know a little something about the night shades and arthritis.

I have read that too and have experimented with cutting the nightshades out of my diet from time to time. I find that it is especially hard to not eat tomoatoes in the summer time but in the winter I can easily let them go because the store bought tomatoes pale in comparison to home grown tomatoes.

Have you read Louise Hay's book "You Can Heal Your Body?" She is a wonderful women who healed herself from cancer twice by eating well, thinking positively and more. In her book she states that the probable cause for arthritis is "Feeling unloved. Criticism, resentment." Pretty Deep huh!

The new thought pattern for arthritis is "I am love. I now choose to love and approve of myself. I see others with love."

I hope this helps.

Amanda

#131383 - 11/22/07 04:02 PM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes? [Re: 8Amanda]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amanda, welcome to the neighborhood. Thanks for jumping in with such a t houghtful post.

Your comments about arthritis are pretty deep, but I can see from your Web site that you know what you are talking about. I'm going to have to go back and read your artical about nutrition for seniors. Looks interesting.

I'm glad you're here. Maybe you can help some of us with our eating habits. But for now, I have to run back to the Thanksgiving kitchen and see all the carbs and fat stocked pile high. Sigh.

#131384 - 11/25/07 01:46 AM Re: No more tomatoes or potatoes?
Saundra Offline

Amanda, thanks so much for joining. Good information that resonates with me. Powerful. I hope herbook is in the library.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved