The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#85505 - 08/18/06 01:43 AM My Treadmill Broke Today!
Pam R. Offline

I am really bummed out! Tonight I got home from work and changed into my exercise shorts and tee, went down to the "torture chamber room" to do my exercising and lo and behold the treadmill died! Now really, I should have been just a tad happy but I was really upset. The motor had blown. I guess that piece is about 6 or 7 years old. It has only gotten a ton of use in the past 2 1/2 years since I had my heart attack and have become quite serious about exercising to stay alive. Sooooo, I doubled up on the stair master and the recumbant bike. Then, when hubby came home we immediately ran out to Sears to check on new treadmills. Didn't buy one yet since I really had reservations as to the model I wanted but by this weekend I will be forced to get another. Interesting how guilty I feel that I owe the "torture chamber room" another 20 minutes tonight instead of jumping with glee that I caught a break for a few days! And wow, are those pieces of equipment expensive?!

#85506 - 08/18/06 07:43 AM Re: My Treadmill Broke Today! [Re: Pam R.]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I have one of those torture chambers as well. The only thing that has lost weight are my exasperated rolling eyeballs. I usually just use the treadmill in winter time.

In the summer I prefer going out for walks…; although, we have a neighbor with Dobermans, that run around without a leash. (I mean the dogs)
I can't stand dog owners that scream, "Don't move! If you don't move they won't do anything!" Yeah right. When I see those two black dots in the distance, I bee line straight home; and lo and behold…I actually lost half a pound!

#85507 - 08/18/06 10:47 AM Re: My Treadmill Broke Today! [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore, you have me laughing at six in the morning...Don't move...uh huh, shuuuure. You can play cards on my shirt tail, I'm outta there so quick. "Be careful, he might 'nip' ya", is another one that scares me. He bit before but it was only a nip....!!!!!Oooookay
I have a fear of 'Dog Owners' too...And what's a treadmill?

luv,
chick

Edited by chickadee (08/18/06 10:50 AM)

#85508 - 08/18/06 01:41 PM Re: My Treadmill Broke Today! [Re: chickadee]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
That is so fummy Hannelore! LOL! I think some owners need the leash instead of the dogs. One time when I was out for my walk, and saw a dog running and barking towards me like I was a big ole soup bone, I stopped and hollar, "NO!" "SIT!" Everyone in the neighborhood might have heard me and stopped what they were doing to "sit" too, but I got the dog to back off. I read that somewhere that is what you should do when a running dog approaches you...be firm with a command. It worked that time, but it would be my luck that the next one would hear the word NO as a challenge!

#85509 - 08/18/06 02:31 PM Re: My Treadmill Broke Today! [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This thread is a hoot! Thanks for the laughs this morning.

#85510 - 08/19/06 01:38 AM Re: My Treadmill Broke Today!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree and am cracking up. "Stop and stand still!" What the dogs won't attack unless its a moving target. Hannelore go get yourself a small hand held can of pepper spray and if the their dogs come running at you give them a squirt...
WHAT, NO NOT THE DOGS??? Hell no, I meant spray the stupid owners, they are the dangerous ones....LOL

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#85511 - 08/19/06 01:59 PM Re: My Treadmill Broke Today! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Pam, you can still hang clothes on it, right? Get this...my son and wife had a treadmill and they actually used it, too, for exercising I mean, not a clothes hanger thing. Lightening came in the house not too long ago and not only took out their computer, but it TURNED ON the treadmill and it was FOLDED UP leaning against the walk and running. My DIL was alseep and thought she heard something and smelled smoke...she ran into the computer/workout room and sure enough, it had burned up the motor and was on fire.

LESSON: UNPLUG ALL EQUIPMENT WHEN NOT IN USE!

AND get a dog bigger than THEIR dog...JJ

#85512 - 08/19/06 08:54 PM Re: My Treadmill Broke Today! [Re: jawjaw]
Pam R. Offline

Oh yes J.J., for the first 3 years or so, that treadmill was a clothes hangar. It's in the same room as the ironing board...what better place?! You are right about turning off those large machines and appliances when not in use or at home. We talk about that at work. Most of the girls won't even use a crock pot for the fear of fire. And that's what a crock pot is supposed to be for!
As far as the treadmill goes, I picked one out from a fitness company in town. I will order it tomorrow and have it delivered asap. They will take the old one with them to save us the trouble. Then I can go back to eating 3 more cookies in a 24 hour period!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved