The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16608 - 02/20/05 07:16 AM Jogging Advice
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Is anyone out there an avid jogger who'd be willing to give me some online coaching from time to time? I have taken up jogging for the gazillionth time in my life but can't seem to get past 2.5 miles in terms of how far I can mentally or physically push myself. I seem to have hit some sort of block (a definite pattern).

Contact me at k_stone@bellsouth.net if you'd be willing to listen to me whine and then could give me a swift electronic kick in the rear. [Big Grin]

Thanks,
Kelly

#16609 - 02/22/05 06:23 AM Re: Jogging Advice
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
What are you thinking about while you're running? I had to run for PE in the military. (I hated it.) If you ever see me running, look behind me, something's chasing me! But what helped me 'make it' was imagining I was doing something other than running. I went canoeing instead, and I always managed to finish without croaking. I'll cheer you on, (and harp at ya if you like [Big Grin] ) But I can't figure out why you'd run if no one is chasing you? [Razz]

#16610 - 02/23/05 08:10 AM Re: Jogging Advice
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kelly, I admire you for getting back into jogging. I'll see my friend who's a runner tomorrow. She read a great book years ago when she first started running. I'll ask her the name of it. I'm sure it's old, but it helped her train to run more than 3 miles at a time.

#16611 - 02/22/05 11:11 PM Re: Jogging Advice
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
Bill Bowerman(sp) coached Steve Prefontaine
and they made a movie about the two called Without Limits. I don't know if it will help but its about running cross country.
Maggie

#16612 - 02/22/05 11:47 PM Re: Jogging Advice
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My advice on joggin: Don't do it! Notice all the joggers you see. None of them are smiling.

[ February 22, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#16613 - 02/24/05 04:30 AM Re: Jogging Advice
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne you are a trip....and so on the money. I jog but just not outside, yep thats right. While watching TV evenings, every time a commercial comes on I stand up and run in place for the entire commercial break. OH YEA, well it works and its exercise too. A friend of mine who turned me on to it lost a bunch of weight and didn't even diet. Try it you might like it...Any way thats all the advice I have on jogging. [Big Grin]

#16614 - 02/26/05 06:01 AM Re: Jogging Advice
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Kelly, I thought your post said "how far I can mentally and physically PUNISH myself." Shows to go how my mind works when jogging/running is mentioned. I couldn't run for my life if I had to! But I take long walks. This is the second time today I misread a post at first glance. Me thinks me tiny drug store glasses aren't powerful enough or the print is getting smaller on the site. Love and Light, Lynn

#16615 - 03/06/05 06:56 PM Re: Jogging Advice
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi ladies!

Thanks to everyone who's responded to my post about jogging. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the "hate it" category. [Big Grin] No seriously, I like it when I can make myself do it. I guess the heart of the motivation is wanting slim, trim legs. The other option I'm considering is liposcution. [Razz] But seriously, I admire people who have the mental and physical discipline to jog for long periods of time. I used to think that one had to be a "born" jogger but two coaches have told me not so.

Anywho, I still make an attempt a few times a week. One thing that helps is taking my hyper active Border Collie along who pretty much pulls me the entire way. [Razz] It helps!

Onward and upward (in the loosest sense of the words),
Kelly

#16616 - 03/07/05 02:13 AM Re: Jogging Advice
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kelly, I saw my friend and forgot to ask her the title of the book. Imagine that. However, I did call and leave her a message and she's forgotten to call me back. Either that, or she's forgotten the name of the book. I'll give it another try becasue I recall how she raved about the books years ago.

#16617 - 04/07/05 02:08 AM Re: Jogging Advice
KiloRichie Offline

Don't think about distance, think about running pace, take the right pace, get the pace where you fell the best. I can help.

www.KiloCalculo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved