The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#16425 - 09/06/04 08:06 PM holiday weekends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Am I the only one who thinks you should be able to eat whatever you want on a holiday weekend? Enough of the diets and exercise. It's time to celebrate. Even if it's only Labor Day. [Big Grin]

Also, in Friday night we had leftover pork roast and veggies. I felt robbed because Friday night dinners should be a little fun. At least not leftovers! Any thoughts?

#16426 - 09/06/04 11:24 PM Re: holiday weekends
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I'm with you Dotsie! I think we expect Friday nights to be BIG dinner nights as a holdover from the old "Friday Date Night" thing...LOL...or is it just celebrating that the week is finally over?! Whatever it is - it's always been my favorite night to go out OR at least have a "special" dinner at home. [Big Grin]

Now today is Labor Day and I'm making shrimp fried rice...not exactly "special" for the holiday, BUT something my husband particularly likes so it works!

He's returning the favor on Wednesday by taking me out to dinner for our anniversary - to our favorite little French restaurant.
[Wink]

#16427 - 09/07/04 05:39 PM Re: holiday weekends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam, we want to be treated at the end of a work week. Food seems to be a good treat! Especially when we don't have to cook.

#16428 - 09/07/04 06:34 PM Re: holiday weekends
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
what's a holiday got to do with it? I'm of the mindset that come Friday night and MONK, I need to get something special to eat and that alone spells FAT GRAMS...

I'm currently waging war on my "mindsets" so you are gonna see a new kid in town very soon. No more miss nice gal either...

Fat AIN'T where it's at... Look out world...da Queen's back and she's motivated. eeeeekkkkkk [Eek!] !

#16429 - 09/08/04 07:30 AM Re: holiday weekends
Pam Kimmell Offline

ALRIGHT!!!!! Now you're talking Queenie!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! [Wink] [Wink]

#16430 - 09/08/04 01:01 AM Re: holiday weekends
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Pam,
Happy Anniversery!! How many years?
I agree Friday nights should be special. We used to eat out, go to a movie and then grocery shop.
Sometimes we still eat out.
Maggie

#16431 - 09/08/04 02:56 PM Re: holiday weekends
Pam Kimmell Offline

Thanks Maggie! Fourteen years today. RIGHT after our wedding reception we headed to the airport and headed for an amazing honeymoon trip beginning in Rome and ending in London. Hindsight's a wonderful thing though....I wish we'd waited a day or so to leave on the trip - I was so exhausted from the wedding/preparation, etc. It just seemed like a "romantic" thing to do - heading off into the sunset after the wedding!!!! HAHA [Frown] [Razz]

#16432 - 09/09/04 07:39 AM Re: holiday weekends
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Congratulations, Pam - your honeymoon trip sounds wonderful! My husband and I went to Orlando and stayed at his aunt's & uncle's house (they were here in Baltimore for our wedding). It was a real fancy place with a pool - and since I had packed to go to the mountains (they offered us the house and car during our wedding reception), I had to buy all new clothes when I got to Florida. That was lots of fun, and we had gotten a lot of cash as gifts at the reception!

Back to the Friday night thing, Charlie and I started having a date night every Friday night as soon as our children were old enough to take care of themselves (since they're 33 and 34 now, that was probably 17 or 18 years ago). It gave us a chance to catch up with each other and forced us to talk because we were looking at each other across this table and there was no one else there to intervene. We still go out to eat almost every Friday night. There's always a wait for a table on Friday nights, but it's fun and relaxing after the work week is over!

#16433 - 09/08/04 09:39 PM Re: holiday weekends
Pam Kimmell Offline

Joyce the Friday night date night thing is wonderful! Gives you a BIG TREAT at the end of a long week. [Razz]

I loved your "honeymoon" story too....we did have a wonderful time - in fact, we are taking our honeymoon album to the restaurant with us tonight so we can giggle and reminisce about all the wonderful cities we visited! [Wink]

#16434 - 09/09/04 08:51 AM Re: holiday weekends
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
[Embarrassed] Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Haaaappppy Anniversary! [Embarrassed]

(Sung to the tune of "Happy Anniversary!") [Big Grin]

Merwyn called on a Tuesday morning 32 years ago, asked if I wanted to go get married that day, I said "yes". We spent the night in Reno. He forgot my name. (Didn't call me anything until we got home and heard his sister say my name!!!)We spent another night in a motel on the way home and arrived back to town with 12 cents in our pocket. Oh to be young and foolish again....I don't think so!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved