The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16085 - 12/03/03 12:31 PM Dancing Queen
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Tonight was the annual holiday potluck party for cancer survivors at the hospital here. 2 1/2 tables were gals from my exercise class! Of course, we cancelled class tonight so we could all go to the party [Cool]

After the food, there was a DJ and dancing. I LOVE to dance!!! and I rarely get to go out and do it, so this was great! This is my 5th year at the party and every year I'm the first one out on the dance floor and the last one off! The DJ loves me [Wink] cuz I get the whole room moving. I lead the conga lines. The DJ knows all my favorite songs. Even before the music starts, the announcers and DJ make a bunch of comments like "and of course, Meredith will be dancing..." I had a great time [Big Grin] [Big Grin] so I just wanted to share it with all of yas.

And did I mention that dancing is really great exercise? Burns off all those calories from the potluck? [Razz] [Razz]

#16086 - 12/03/03 06:34 PM Re: Dancing Queen
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Geez Meredith, I knew you were cleaning the house and cooking so I thought YOU were having company. Didn't realize you were going out to the pot luck. You mean you weren't cleaning because company was coming? [Razz] I'll just assume you were getiing rid of all the ashes from the fires.

Now we know who to put on the dance floor at our gathering. Funny, there will be no guys there (only boomer women), but that shouldn't matter. My husband always comments on how goofy it is when girls dance with girls. Doesn't bother me. Just as long as I'm out there dancing, singing, and laughing the night away. [Big Grin]

So glad to hear you have made the most of your brush with cancer. Just think, you didn't know any of these women before your diagnosis, did you?

Would love to see picturesof all of you dancing.
I'm going to talk to my web queen to see the easiest way to allow more pictures in the forums.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#16087 - 12/03/03 06:48 PM Re: Dancing Queen
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ms. M., thanks for the visual of all of these super duper women enjoying life. What a lift! I am so happy to have met you and I think you are truly one peson who lives their life to the fullest. If I had an extra crown, you would get it!

Sending hugs,

#16088 - 12/04/03 02:49 AM Re: Dancing Queen
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I'm an equal opportunity dancer. I danced with the guy in the wheelchair (wheeled him around to the music), the ladies who do line dancing at the senior center, and a 7-year-old girl (daughter of one of the survivors) who wore out all her other dance partners. I taught her all my moves and she's gonna be the next dance sensation! Oh, and the DJ asked me to dance with him on the slow dance [Wink]

House cleaning happens about 15 minutes before the Board of Health arrives (just kidding...) My husband can't see dirt until it's swirling around his ankles (only partially kidding...) so I have to wait until it's pretty bad before he'll help without squawking too much. Basically, HE has to say, "gee, this is getting pretty bad" so he thinks the cleaning is HIS idea [Roll Eyes] The Thanksgiving cooking marathon was for us. I didn't invite him to the potluck so I did that cooking by myself.

And jawjaw, I already have a crown. From ~ age 20-45, I always wore a rhinestone tiara on my birthday, even to the gym.

#16089 - 12/04/03 05:33 AM Re: Dancing Queen
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
ahhhh....how cool. Only the divine Ms. M would think to do that. See...I think everyone would enjoy life much better if they did things like that! [Cool]

My tiara is off to you girl... [Wink]

#16090 - 12/04/03 07:22 AM Re: Dancing Queen
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Well Hello!
I think the party sounds swell too, and I'm glad you have made it to the last five and I hope you are one of the ones who make it to the next 30!Life's not going to short change you, Mere!

#16091 - 12/04/03 11:19 AM Re: Dancing Queen
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I did not survive 11 months of cancer treatment and some other previous heavy-duty !@#$%^& in life so I could sit on my butt and watch other people dance and have all the fun! Someday I'll be buried with my dancing shoes and tiara, but not for a while. [Wink]

#16092 - 12/04/03 06:52 PM Re: Dancing Queen
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Wow Meridthbead,
Your party sounds fantastic!! I would try the dish you took it sounds good too.
Keep having fun, your posts make me want to get up and dance.
Maggie

#16093 - 12/05/03 05:39 AM Re: Dancing Queen
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I wish I could have meredithbead at all the Chrostmas parties I will going to in the next few weeks. I bet I'd have more fun. What do you say?

#16094 - 12/05/03 11:06 AM Re: Dancing Queen
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Send plane tickets, I'll bring dancing shoes! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
And I'll even bring some of that great California produce [Cool]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved