The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94259 - 11/04/06 04:29 PM On Death
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
Reading a unique book by Don Piper ... titled '90 Minutes in Heaven'

This book is so compelling & full of light & hope that I had to pass it along in Boomer Women! I highly recommend it to everyone!

As an author myself, I know when an author is speaking from a point of truthful experience or from a point of contrivance. Meaning ... fiction, or non fiction.

This does not undermine the grief & loss that is experienced by losing a loved one in death, nor minimize the experience at all. Death is a very real experience, & we all face death in our life sooner or later. The experience of death has touched my life several times. I hope this book will be an inspiration to everyone else who reads it!

Looking for certain answers in life, I have personally found that searching for truths brings the truth. No matter on what level or for what scenario deemed most relative in life. It is usually the questioning & searching heart that receives the 'answer'.

God is not separated from us ... you are not alone by any means!

Thank you.
C.L. Mareydt
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#94260 - 11/04/06 04:30 PM Re: On Death [Re: FitlySpoken]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
You know, my friend just read that book and loved it. I'll have to see if the library has it in.

#94262 - 11/05/06 12:46 AM Re: On Death [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
This is so fascinating. Thank you for recommending this book. On the heels of my 17 year old nephew's death last Feb, I have been reading books on near death experiences. I decided to write about my own NDE that occurred after my suicide attempt. NDE is something that I never talk about because it is so profound. I intend on the take-away for the reader to be one of hope of peace in the after life. Oh, and I do believe in an afterlife.

#94263 - 11/05/06 01:04 AM Re: On Death [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I just finishing editing a fascinating book for a woman who was a pedofile, of sorts at the very early age of 12, to her sibblings. She baby sat and would touch the childrnen she cared for inappropriately. She never understood how or why she wanted to do these things. It didn't last long, she went to confession and told the priest and he said she must tell her parents. She never did but also neer touched anyone else again. Years later she went into therapy hoping to discover why she did the things she did as a child, how she even knew about these things....Nothing ever surfced in her therapy but she has a recurring ni9ghtmare often about being awaken from her sleep, in her childhood bedroomand given a chocolate ice cream dixie-cup and eating it with a tiny wooden spoon. She has never seen the face of the MAN giving it to her and touching her. When asking her mom about the events, she was told no one ever came to th

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94264 - 11/05/06 04:28 PM Re: On Death [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Chatty, that's an amazing story. Is it presented as fiction or non-fiction? I'm glad to hear she got help. What I learned in therapy is to trust those "nightmares" as they are often mirror images of the conscious coming forth in our subconscious because the event is too scary to re-envision in our waking hours.

#94265 - 11/05/06 10:11 PM Re: On Death [Re: ]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Anne...Please don't think that dependents would be the only people who would miss you. WE would, for starters!

Having lost my Mom in 2002 and my Dad, Aunt and Uncle (who were close to me) last year...I totally understand about the idea of your own death not scaring you. Missing the people who are gone is much more difficult for me too, than the thought of dying. I think that anyone with a belief in God and Heaven knows that our worldly problems are gone then. But being without our loved ones and feeling so alone is a pain unlike any other.

#94266 - 11/05/06 11:59 PM Re: On Death [Re: klmr13]
Pam R. Offline

Very interesting subject. It will be 3 years this coming Tuesday that I had my heart attack. When I asked how serious it was, I was told it was in the heavily moderate range...whatever that means. I never really thought about the dying aspect until long after I was home from the hospital and juggling my meds and getting it right with dosages, and reactions to them all. However, the fear did kick in when I realized just how scared my family was for me. My youngest daughter who was 25 at the time, single (and still is) had the most difficult time accepting the fact that her Mom could have died and that the first year after would be the most crucial. She was petrified of losing me and had no problem letting people know that, even me. That is what touched me so much, to think that my family would miss me and have to adjust to my absence in their lives. It brings me to tears when I think of it even 3 years later.

#94267 - 11/06/06 12:12 PM Re: On Death [Re: Pam R.]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam. I think what you went through is very typical. I remember when Dad had his heart surgery, the doctors told us that he might experience depression. He shared that it was normal for heart patients to consider the "what ifs" which is exactly what you and your family lived through.

How great that your daughter verbalized her fears with you. I'm sure that made you feel loved!

Edited by Dotsie (11/07/06 10:24 PM)

#94268 - 11/06/06 04:01 PM Re: On Death
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
here is another interesting link:

http://www.WantToKnow.info/neardeathexperience

(just received this link today ... it seems what we 'want' to learn about ... comes to us.)
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#94270 - 11/07/06 03:28 PM Re: On Death [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Lynnie, I would really like to hear about your experience. I've been reading Gordon Smith's books on this and it's fascinating.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved