The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#82134 - 07/10/06 12:38 PM I'm home again
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hi all,
I'm home after a 2 month absence caring for my father who passed away on June 27th from malignant melanoma.
I appreciate all of your prayers and well-wishes that were given previously. I guess God just had plans of his own.
I missed you all!
Being away from home, caring for Dad and watching him deteriorate was hopfully the hardest thing I will ever have to do in my life.
I slept in my Boomer women T-shirt to help give me strength for each coming day.
I already miss Dad terribly but knowing that he is now in a better place brings me peace.

#82135 - 07/10/06 12:47 PM Re: I'm home again [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Welcome back, TVC. I hope you can soak in the loving care that's here for you...I was so very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I lost my Dad in 1999, but still miss him more than words can say. It's a hole that never goes away, though for me it did change over time (albeit, for me a long time) from being a dark empty aching pit to a gentle reminder of all the awesome joy and loving goodness that my Dad gave while he was alive.

My heart aches with you...know you're not alone.

(Maya Angelou)

#82136 - 07/10/06 01:01 PM Re: I'm home again [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It's so nice to have you back but I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Know that you are in our prayers.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82137 - 07/10/06 01:33 PM Re: I'm home again [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome home! You were in our thoughts and prayers and there were often messages flying around about...how's TVC? Anyone heard?

I am so grateful you were able to take the time to stay with him. What a gift for you and him. So while you're missing him, try to revel in the fact that you were able to share his final days, affirming his life and loving him on this side of heaven.

Now that you are home, I hope you will take time to grieve and reflect as life gets back to its normal pace. Sending prayers of comfort your way!

#82138 - 07/10/06 02:27 PM Re: I'm home again
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Robin: I'm so sorry for your loss! May the Lord comfort you and your family!

Losing a loved one who has impacted our life leaves a void no one, but the love of God, can fill. Please know that we are still praying for you. Take time for your needs, and remember the good times shared!

Glad to have you back, dear friend! Blessings and a cyberhug!

Edited by Songbird (07/10/06 02:29 PM)

#82139 - 07/10/06 02:29 PM Re: I'm home again
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome home Robin. There are no words to fill the hole left in your heart, but please know you were missed and prayed over daily. I hope you will find peace in knowing that God is taking care of your sweet Daddy now. JJ

#82140 - 07/10/06 04:53 PM Re: I'm home again [Re: jawjaw]
TVC15 Offline

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
I'm just glad to be back amongst my boomer sisters when I need them most!

#82141 - 07/10/06 09:38 PM Re: I'm home again [Re: TVC15]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome back dear heart...hope you're feeling better now.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82142 - 07/11/06 12:22 PM Re: I'm home again [Re: chatty lady]
TVC15 Offline

Thank you Chatty,
I think it's going to be a while before I feel better. Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday. I'm planning to serve my family hot fudge/marshmallow sundaes in his honor. (His favorite dessert) Feel free to join the celebration of his life by enjoying a guilt-free sundae!

#82143 - 07/11/06 01:17 PM Re: I'm home again [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
TVC,
I will be joining your tomorrow in celebration of your Daddy's life. How loving of you to do this! I'm sure you are a chip off the old block.

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved