The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#147773 - 05/05/08 02:35 PM Mourning a child ...
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Please pray for a family who just lost a 2 yr. old infant and now faces the scrutiny of the State.

They believe in God and I reassured them we'll be praying for them in such a difficult situation.
NABBW & NAWW

#147774 - 05/05/08 02:41 PM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: Songbird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm carrying them in my heart-prayers, Songbird.

(Maya Angelou)

#147775 - 05/05/08 05:35 PM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This gives me the goose bumps. How very sad. Sending prayers their way. Are you in a position to minister to them?

#147777 - 05/05/08 07:10 PM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Songbird, sometimes I wish you would explain the situations more. All the tragic stories are just flung at us like leaves in a wind. It might be easier to sympathise and pray for these families if we could cup the “leaf” in our hands for a while and “feel” it.

#147778 - 07/03/08 03:20 AM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: Edelweiss]
Songbird08 Offline

Dear Edelweiss: I'm truly sorry.
In prayer ministry, many times I am requested not to give out certain info. And I need to respect that. Many times I don't even have much info at all.

But I still encourage those in need to request prayer, even if the need is to do so anonymously. We all need to keep in mind that these forums can be read by registered or unregistered users.

Still, I will certainly keep your concern in mind.

See, with my prayer warrior group at our church, I make a list of all requests with headings such as Health, Direction, Other Issues, etc. Under each heading we list each name, sometimes initials only. That way, we can pray for those in need without giving out details, if that is the request.

I do understand your view.
Blessings to you and yours!
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#147779 - 07/03/08 03:24 AM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: Songbird08]
Songbird08 Offline

I talked to the parents over the phone, prayed with them, etc.

Not easy to contact. Family member requested not to call.

Thanks for all your support in prayers. For this family it has been totally difficult to deal with situation. Not doing so well. I'm trying to get an update this weekend!

Edited by Songbird08 (07/03/08 03:28 AM)
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#147780 - 07/03/08 04:41 AM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: Songbird08]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Adding them to my prayer list.

#147781 - 07/03/08 06:44 PM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't imagine losing a chil, let alone being scrutinized over the loss. Will certainly pray.

Edited by Dotsie (07/03/08 06:45 PM)

#147782 - 07/03/08 07:13 PM Re: Mourning a child ...
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I understand Songbird. I never wanted any names, maybe a little more information around the circumstances, but if you don’t know them either, then of course you can’t share.

I know, it’s all about prayer, and hopefully it will help those in need.

You truly are a minister of prayer. My prayers and positive thoughts are always my last thoughts before falling asleep.

#147783 - 07/03/08 08:22 PM Re: Mourning a child ... [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't know the situation regarding this case Songbird but here recently a four year old little boy was left in his parents SUV in the driveway of their home for seventeen hours. Of course he died, it was 110 degrees outside, Lord knows the temp in the SUV. The parents played the grief card, the innocent act, yet they are facing charges for homicide. We have had a rash of child deaths in Nevada over the past six years, from a parent or parents leaving a baby in their car and going to work, WHAT!!!!!!!!! I have never even left my purse in my car let alone my infant child. Unfortunately those separate cases were given a slap on the wrist and lots of sympathy...WHAT???? WHY???? They are guilty as hell and finally our so called authorities of justice have seen the light and are getting tough and it's about time too. Maybe some stupid parent will thin k twice about using this same lame excuse to kill their child. Not all parents are good, loving parents...Some mone needs to speak for the children. I will pray for your friends and hope they are not those kinds of parents.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved