The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#141525 - 02/09/08 08:53 AM Life hangs on a silver thread.
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
My Dil is playing currently volleyball in Switzerland and will be there till April. She shares an apartment with a team mate, who is a good friend, as well.

Her roommate’s mother flew over from America and brought the team mate’s son with her. Because the mom was there to take care of the child, Anaiya, our grandchild, spent the week with her mother as well. Between training, the friend’s mom took care of both children. It worked out really well.

Well yesterday, during training, the mother keeled over and died on the spot. The children thought she lay down to play and crawled all over her; cause of death kidney malfunction.

The mother was only 55 years old. She had no international medical insurance, so to top off the devastating story; the daughter has to play horrendous bills. Also you aren’t allowed to fly a corpse back home. The mother has to be cremated first.

We are picking up Anaiya in Switzerland tomorrow so that my DIL can help her friend in arranging everything.

I could hardly sleep last night, thinking of how life hangs on a silver thread. My DIL’s roommate will probably have to give up her Olympic goals, since she doesn’t have anyone to take care of her son.

For those who believe it may help, please say a prayer for this young mother and her child. Thank you so much.

#141526 - 02/09/08 08:57 AM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

O My.
MA

#141527 - 02/09/08 12:00 PM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh Hannelore, how tragic! But how real, too. We never know what can happen. It puts life into perspective, doesn't it? Travel safely to pick up your little doll. I'll be praying for your DIL's teammate and all of you. Check in when you get back please?

#141528 - 02/09/08 01:33 PM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Losing her Mom has to absolutely rip her heart in two and cannot be compared to the Olympics. You can have other dreams, but you can't have another Mother.

But then to couple that with the loss of her dream and so much hard work. This is truly a tragedy. I'm so sorry to hear this. Imagine the daughter's grief! She has lost her mother AND her dreams plus she is faced with a monetary concern. So much at once!

#141529 - 02/09/08 03:11 PM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Very sad and that unexpected cost is very hard. Hope DIL's friend makes it through somehow. This will be a serious test of her strength..

#141530 - 02/09/08 03:26 PM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: orchid]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh no, how very sad. I'm so sorry for the families. Things can happen so quickly, can't they? A local 34-yr old woman died 2 weeks ago from a brain aneurism and left her 12 year old daughter.

I'll pray for everyone.

#141531 - 02/09/08 08:22 PM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am so sorry for all involved, including your dil.

Consider everyone in my prayers.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#141532 - 02/09/08 10:04 PM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
This is almost too sad to comment to right now.
I will pray for them, though.

#141533 - 02/10/08 01:13 AM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Life hangs by a thread is right. So sad, so scary, so ????
Praying for them all...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#141534 - 02/10/08 03:49 AM Re: Life hangs on a silver thread. [Re: chatty lady]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
My prayers are with them. I am with gims, not much to say as this is so sad.
Kate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved