The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#14751 - 11/23/04 06:59 PM holidays
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am praying for those who have lost loved ones this past year. I recall my first year without Mom. I found the anticipation of facing the holidays actually harder than getting through the days. Once they arrived, I took time to consider my loss of her in the midst of everything, but remembered she was still with me in spirit.

God bless!

#14752 - 11/24/04 12:07 AM Re: holidays
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've posted before about how my whole family misses my Dad at the holidays. He was such a holiday guy. He loved the whole thing. Of course he did none of the work. He assigned that to Mom. He was in charge of entertainment.
Even the grandkids have all said Christmas will never be the same without him.
smile

#14753 - 11/24/04 12:57 AM Re: holidays
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This has been a hard time for me and in talking with my sisters, I've found they are experiencing the same feelings of depression and pain as I have for the last two weeks. All the beautiful words in the world will not take the pain away either.

Oh I know it will get easier, but for now, I grieve. I miss my Daddy and this is my first year without him. And then Christmas?

I don't know what's worse, grieving outwardly, or silently. A sad heart, is a sad heart, no matter how loud.

And that's just the way it is.

JJ

#14754 - 11/24/04 01:49 AM Re: holidays
smilinize Offline

JJ,
I know how hard that first Christmas is. And Dots too. It gets better, but not much. There is nothing that helps except prayer. You both have mine.
Try to remember the great Christmases when you had them. Remember them, write them down, share them, and hold them in your heart. It's what has gotten us through.
Blessings.
sile

#14755 - 11/24/04 02:32 AM Re: holidays
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
I totally agree its hard without your parents.
They are here in spirit I truly believe that and try to find the ways. Perhaps in the smile of a child. The laugh of their sister or brother and many other ways.
Will be praying for all of you!!
Maggie

#14756 - 11/29/04 03:46 AM Re: holidays
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
How did you survive this Holiday without loved ones? Believe me I know how hard it is. Your right JJ there isn't hardly anything we can say.
Maggie

#14757 - 11/29/04 04:49 AM Re: holidays
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
JJ - you say

"I don't know what's worse, grieving outwardly, or silently. A sad heart, is a sad heart, no matter how loud."

At first I grieved outwardly to keep me from going insane -- but then I found myself talking TO Robert -- instead of ABOUT him and my heart wasn't as sad.

My husband keeps everything inside and when he finally falls apart -- it seems to be so much harder on him --

So I don't know which is worse either -

Will things get better ??? Who knows ---

This was the 4th Thanksgiving without my child -- it ended the same way as the last 3 -- holding my husband while he cried himself to sleep -- and then trying to stop the tears myself -----

All I know is that it helps to know we can come here for support when things get unbearable.

#14758 - 11/29/04 05:07 AM Re: holidays
smilinize Offline

Oh my goodness, it is terrible to lose a parent, but to the loss of a child must be horrible.
I only want to cry with you, but I will also pray. I will pray for peace for you and your husband.
smile

#14759 - 11/29/04 02:23 PM Re: holidays
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I've posted this same "thought" about losing loved ones but I guess it never hurts to repeat it....as I do to myself whenever I think of my parents - "time softens the edges of the pain of loss...it never totally goes away, but the rough, ragged edges become soft with time". I feel the loss of both of my parents particularly at Christmas. My Mom's birthday is Dec. 19th and my Dad's the 29th so those occasions surround the Christmas holiday.

Maybe if we all just hang onto each other here on the Board we can get through the rest of the holiday season. Celebrating the happy memories helps a lot that's for sure!

#14760 - 11/29/04 05:00 PM Re: holidays
kira_d Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Lionspaaw, I have walked the path you are on. I lost my son too and know your pain. I have seen my husband deal with things in much the same way as yours. It is heartbreaking for us to grieve it is often worse to watch the ones we love grieve too. We grieve for our loss, both our child and the life we were supposed to have with them. Some days I swear I can look just to the right of me and see clearly the life I was supposed to have where my son was healthy and full of life. It is hard and to say it gets easier does little to dull the pain you feel especially during the holidays. I've somehow managed to learned to love all around the empty place in my heart that was my son's. I surround him with all the love only a mother has for her son and hope in some small way he still feels it. He may be gone but I will never stop being his mother or loving him.
I'm a little further down the path of this terrible journey after loosing a child and I can only say from my own experience it tooks me years before I found a sense of peace that his short life had meaning. I still learn from him everday. I remember to laugh like he did...until my sides hurt. I remember to take risks and be wild even if it makes me look like a fool. My husband can seldom say his name now even after many many years. That is how he gets through. I hug him when I know he's walking memory lane just to let him know I know what he's thinking. It's all we can do. My heart is with you.
Kira

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved