The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#14743 - 11/01/04 08:06 AM missing kids on holidays
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I miss my son who's away at college. He's 10 hours away and doesn't get home between the beginning of school and Thanksgiving. [Frown] We visited once, but it seems so long ago.

We're having the extended family here for dinner. I'm so use to him being here, it's just different. Do you miss your kids on the holidays when you don't see them?

#14744 - 11/01/04 08:13 AM Re: missing kids on holidays
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I miss my daughter in Austin all the time. She's about 10 hrs. away too. And she has two of my grandkids down there. Makes me nuts. Especially around the holidays.
smile

#14745 - 11/01/04 08:48 AM Re: missing kids on holidays
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
It's horrible. My older daughter wasn't able to come home one Christmas a few years ago when she was living in Texas and had to work. We opened presents over the phone, and we were all miserable. Now she lives near us in Arizona, so that is good. But my other daughter lives in DC with her new husband, and will be spending the holidays this year with her in-laws. I know I have to share, but I still hate it. We're getting on a plane right after New Years to have a belated Christmas with them on the east coast.

#14746 - 11/01/04 04:40 PM Re: missing kids on holidays
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I recall how hard it was to balance both families during the holidays when we were first married. I guess we have to put ourselves in their shoes. It's hard to please everyone. [Wink]

This is just the beginning for me. In a couple years I'll have three in college. [Eek!]

We need to stay positive and make the most of the holidays without them. Another stage... [Roll Eyes]

#14747 - 11/01/04 05:42 PM Re: missing kids on holidays
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
All my kids are grown up and on their own. Two of them are out of state so we don't get to spend much time together at all. Around the holidays it's hard.

My other daughter lives here in town, but she and her boyfriend try to spend time with boths sides of their family. Sometimes we get Thanksgiving dinner, other times we just get dessert. Depends on whose turn it is this year.

It's hard sharing. Sometimes I just want to cry out, "it's not fair."

But, I have to be understanding, like it was said. We were once in their shoes and we had to make difficult choices and couldn't please everyone every time.

I have to be thankful that they're even making an effort and I should be grateful.

#14748 - 11/01/04 07:17 PM Re: missing kids on holidays
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I miss my neighbor...oh yeah sure she married my ex-husband 30 days after we divorced, but girl! That woman could cook!

What?

JJ

#14749 - 11/01/04 09:42 PM Re: missing kids on holidays
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey, you think she might marry me?
I NEED a really good cook around here.
smile

#14750 - 11/01/04 10:52 PM Re: missing kids on holidays
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Are you kidding me? She'd marry anybody that's got money...she already has...4 times. But hunny, you couldn't drink her pretty. Uh huh...sure nuff.
[Eek!]
JJ

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved