The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126629 - 08/30/07 05:15 PM share your voice about addiction
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
If you or someone you know successfully battled an addiction, there is a radio show that is interested in having you as their guest. Of course, you must be willing to talk about it on air. Please email me if interested. Thanks.

#126631 - 08/31/07 11:03 AM Re: share your voice about addiction [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, I have a friend who uses the nicotine gum. He wuit years ago, but needed to substitute something at certain time of the day, especially after dinner.

Congrats on quitting!

#126633 - 09/01/07 01:38 AM Re: share your voice about addiction [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh crap, I am addicted to food. I lost so much weight and it is creeping back on because I am a "portion pirate." I love to cook and its a real problem for me to cook for one. I am better off with Lean Cuisine so long as I don't gobble up three of them. I would be glad to talk about yo-yo-dieting....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#126634 - 09/01/07 12:51 PM Re: share your voice about addiction [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, I think she's looking for alcohol and drug addictions.

I wish we lived in the same neighborhood. You could cook for us.

#126635 - 11/02/07 06:20 AM Re: share your voice about addiction
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Holy moly, poor you if I was to be cooking for any period of time. My food is real everything, no fake ingredients but you can really tell the difference in the taste too.

#126636 - 11/06/07 03:49 AM Re: share your voice about addiction [Re: chatty lady]
Lefty_Writer Offline

Loc: Syracuse, NY USA
Hi:

I haven't posted to this forum in a few days, because I've been posting regularly to another one...for people who want to quit/are in the process of quitting/or have quit smoking.I fall in the middle group because I just quit (for the umpteenth time) on 11/1.

What a terrible, expensive, disgusting habit--but so very hard to break, even as society makes it less and less desirable to be a smoker. If it was an easy thing to break, I would have done so decades ago.

Anyway, I don't think this is the kind of addiction they are looking for, and even so, I don't think I'd want to discuss it on the air, but I just wanted to drop in and say hello, and this thread came the closest to what is going on with me right now!

#126637 - 11/17/07 11:33 PM Re: share your voice about addiction [Re: Lefty_Writer]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

What about HOARDING? That is a really terrible addiction, people throw nothing away, and are constantly picking up more juke to add to their collectiona. Its a pitiful and discusting and filthy addiction. One they cannot seem to easily cured of.

Edited by chatty lady (11/17/07 11:34 PM)

#126638 - 11/18/07 12:17 AM Re: share your voice about addiction [Re: chatty lady]
bevsearching Offline

I went through an addiction to Oxycontin after having it prescribed to me by a doctor who told me that it was not addictive. It was for incredible pain that I suffered from fibromyalgia. It enabled me to work for five years more than I would have otherwise, but it messed up my digestive system so badly that it took three years to get rid of the constant nausea that I suffered from. When I discovered that the cause of this was the Oxycontin that I was being given. I changed doctors and quit the Oxycontin. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I went through the same withdrawal symptoms that a heroin addict does and I know that it was at least a year before I lost my desire for it. I don't think that I could talk about it on the radio...it was too terrible.

#126639 - 11/19/07 08:36 PM Re: share your voice about addiction [Re: bevsearching]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

bev, I'm glad to hear you were able to kick that habit. I once read an article about that drug and how it almost shut down a small town because so many people became addicted. I know someone who was addicted to it and she had horrendous bowel problems which we learned stemmed from the medicine.

What do you do for your pain now?

#126640 - 11/22/07 01:39 AM Re: share your voice about addiction
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
no offense to anyone but over heer we call that drug hillbillie heroin. Doctors are a laugh eh telling you that drug aint addictive (Oxycontin)thats one of the things about dosctors we trust them. At lest if you had the facts you could have decided if you wanted to take it and watched out for addictive sighnes within yourself. you must have been so confused experincing withrawel cravings and all that goes with addiction without knowing what was going on. BEVSERARCHING, did ya manage to withdraw alone or did you do a treatment centre. did you go to any of the fellowships for help in the earlie stages or are you still going? I am sorrie you had to experinces all thatits tough using, tough withdrawing but the cravings thats ther long after the drugs gone from your bodie are/must have been awafull. I reallie glade you managed it all with help or alone, its reallie a comendiable thing you done.

well done that woman, indeed.
or in glaswegion "terms go'win ursell hen".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved