The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99537 - 12/18/06 06:14 PM ping pong drinking game
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was disappointed to see that Linens and Things is selling a mini version of a ping pong table with net, paddles, and balls, and marketing it as a drinking game. Just what the kids need is another thing to encourage them to drink. The thing that ticks me off is that the ad shows people in their late 20s and 30s. What a joke. Hopefully, the older 20s and 30s are no longer playing those games. You can bet your last dollar that this will not be soemthing I'll be purchasing this year.

#99538 - 12/19/06 03:46 PM Re: ping pong drinking game
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Complain. A&F had to pull one of their ads because it promoted oral sex and there was such an outcry, they had no choice. Our voices will be heard if we join together! Remember the magazine ad for Candies shoes that showed a woman sitting on the toilet, peeing? They had to pull it because so many found it offensive. Today, I won't buy their shoes because of that ad.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99539 - 12/19/06 11:09 PM Re: ping pong drinking game [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Call me old fashioned but all those ads for womens sanitary products and mens (size) and both of their sexual pleasure enhancement junk, has me shaking my head in disbelief most of the time, and I'm no prude. But who needs to see all this crap? The ad agencies and TV industry leaves nothing to the imagination at all and if they could get away with it, God knows what we would see.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99540 - 12/20/06 12:46 AM Re: ping pong drinking game [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

Haven't seen that ad for ping pong drinking yet Dotsie. But imagine, they give you a 20% off coupon to boot!!! I agree, poor judgement ad.

#99541 - 12/21/06 01:53 PM Re: ping pong drinking game [Re: Pam R.]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yeah, don't you love their coupons?

Dianne, I should complain. I think I'll see who makes it.

#99542 - 12/21/06 03:22 PM Re: ping pong drinking game
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
If you get an email addy, I'll join in on the protest too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99543 - 12/22/06 06:54 PM Re: ping pong drinking game [Re: Dianne]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I saw drinking chess and checkers games in Walmart and a gift store this year. The game pieces were actually shot glasses.

Interesting developments everywhere.
smile

#99544 - 12/30/06 01:24 PM Re: ping pong drinking game [Re: smilinize]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'd say STUPID developments everywhere. Why should we promote drinking games for our youth?

#99545 - 01/10/07 11:53 PM Re: ping pong drinking game
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I hate to say it but I've turned into my Grandmother/mother concerning issues today. My goodness, where's common decency? Young girls walke around half dressed, trash and filth on TV and in commercials. When will it stop? Everything is acceptable. We can't say or talk about God but we can say every nasty word on the planet and display nudity and sex and filth. Remove God from the equation and this is what we end up with. Just my opinion.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved