The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14282 - 03/21/06 11:10 PM Please pray for my friend
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I need as many of you as possible to agree with me in prayer for my dearest friend. I've mentioned him a few times. His name is Les, he lives in NY and he's an alcoholic. He's 48, divorced, he hasn't seen his 12 year old son in over 2 years (the boy lives in CT). He's been unemployed for over 2 years, had 2 DWI's and lost his license, had to sell his car, got evicted, filed for bankruptcy - all in the last year or so. In the last year he's been in 3 rehabs, 2 sober houses and emergency housing. He got kicked out of all but one of them. He's now in a hotel, very drunk and very lost. I know he needs spiritual help and he agreed to let a priest in, if I could get one over there. Since St. Joseph has been answering my prayers lately, I called St. Joe's in the town that he's in. The secretary took all the info and is going to get a priest over there to talk to him.

Please pray that the evil one that has him bound, will be released in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Les is a lapsed Catholic and I really believe that the Church and sacraments is what he needs. He is a kind and gentle soul, very intelligent and he does love the Lord. He wants to stop drinking but is helpless. His father died at age 54 from drinking. His mother is also gone and he has no siblings, cousins or any other family. I am like a sister to him and we have a very special bond.

Thank you all in advance. I'll let you know what happens.

#14283 - 03/22/06 12:45 AM Re: Please pray for my friend
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
That poor, lost soul. How terribly sad. I will pray for him for sure!

#14284 - 03/22/06 01:19 AM Re: Please pray for my friend
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Count me in.

Sherri

#14285 - 03/22/06 01:32 AM Re: Please pray for my friend
Bluebird Offline

Thanks, ladies. I really thought this time the rehab "took"...
I've heard him cry before, but this time he was really sobbing. [Frown]
He's just so important to me.

#14286 - 03/22/06 03:54 AM Re: Please pray for my friend
Bluebird Offline

Well I forgot how tied up in red tape NY is. Instead of sending a priest to help my friend, they pass all the info to a counselor, who then calls me (4 1/2 hours after my call). The guy asks me tons of questions and tells me there is a priest who is a recovering alcoholic at a church 15 miles away. Before I could get excited about this "lifeline", he then tells me he doesn't think the priest will drive that far! 15 miles to help a soul? My priest here wouldn't have batted an eyelash if he knew someone was in dire need and may be willing to make a confession and return to church.
I understand they might be nervous for their safety, getting a call from 1800 miles away about a drunk guy in a hotel. But my goodness, this is their calling!

[ March 21, 2006, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#14287 - 03/22/06 11:26 AM Re: Please pray for my friend
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Oh my gosh Jackie this is awful!! Poor Les...I'm going to pray for him tomorrow morning at mass and of course add him to my St. Joseph's novena prayer list...

I'm truly amazed that the priest wouldn't go to him...I wonder if you called the NYC Diocese headquarter office if they couldn't put you in touch with one of their Social Services Priests....just a thought...I'm sorry you are so worried about this....you are a good friend to Les...

#14288 - 03/23/06 10:00 PM Re: Please pray for my friend
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Bluebird,
I don't know how you feel about it, but my brother is an ordained Baptist minister and he would be more than happy to go to your friend and bring a couple of other friends to pray with him and lead him back to the Lord.

I completely trust my brother. He is one of the kindest, most sincere and powerful prayer warriors I've ever had the pleasure to know. He has a doctorate in divinity and lives close to Manhattan. His name is Dr. Bruce Epps and he would be honored to assist your friend. I'm sure of it.

He also works for a charitable organization there in New York and has connections to a lot of organizations who would be able to assist him.

Just let me know. He would travel on a subway, drive as far as it takes...my brother loves Christ very much and would love to be of service.

#14289 - 03/23/06 10:17 PM Re: Please pray for my friend
Bluebird Offline

Thanks, Number5...that is the attitude I assumed the priest would have, and they are in the same town! Here's what they did. I called the church, the church called a Catholic counseling agency (which Les has been to many times), the agency called Les and arranged for him to go to the church the next day...after I told them both that he had no car, no license, not much money.
Les met with the priest and he has an appt. on monday to go to the agency. I don't know what they are going to do for him as he was drunk again yesterday and kept talking about other stuff.
I wanted to start with a priest but any man that loves the Lord, is what he needs right now.
I will try someone else that is closer to where he is but will take you up on the offer if I strike out. I'd hate to have your brother go that far if there is someone else that is closer.

[ March 23, 2006, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#14290 - 03/23/06 10:26 PM Re: Please pray for my friend
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
OK, Bluebird, hope he gets the help he needs soon but remember, God knows where he is and has His "eye" on him at all times, knows his thoughts, his struggle and won't allow anything to happen to him unless and/or until it is his time to go.

God's desire for him is that he live a full and happy life. God will send someone to help him and it will be the one He wants. I'll bet he has placed your friend on the heart of this person now.

My brother wouldn't mind at all and would actually be honored, but I understand keeping it within your faith....I'll at least let Bruce know of the situation so that he can join us in prayer for your friend, Bluebird.

The more people of faith lifting him up in prayer the better.

#14291 - 03/23/06 10:33 PM Re: Please pray for my friend
Bluebird Offline

No, what I'm saying is that I'm not concerned any more about keeping it within my faith (which is his, also). I started there but I am not that concerned about denomination...just his soul.
He knows that I have many people praying for him and he SO appreciates it.
I'll see what his state is next time I speak with him. Maybe your brother could even call him and pray with him on the phone.
Thanks Number5...you are a true woman of faith.
Your concern for others while in the midst of your own pain, shows pure Christian love.
((HUGS))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved