The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13898 - 11/20/04 08:41 AM Holiday Drinking
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm posting under this thread because I might start drinking after or during Thanksgiving!

I haven't seen my parents for 11 years. If you ever read my book, you'll know why. So, this holiday I'll be seeing them. Am I excited? Nope. Nervous maybe because I don't want to commit murder on Thanksgiving. [Big Grin] I'm doing it for my oldest son and that's the only reason.

Anyway, I'm leaving for AZ on Monday and won't return until the 27th so don't think I'm missing if I don't post. Hmmm....I might be in jail tho.

Hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.

#13899 - 11/19/04 09:20 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dianne, we're going to miss you but that is so nice of you to do that for your son!
I haven't read your book yet but plan to, so I won't put my foot in my mouth by saying something dumb like, Maybe you'll enjoy the visit.
But who knows? Maybe you will find something to enjoy about the visit! In any event I'm sure your son appreciates that you are doing it for him. Let us know how it turns out.
Robin

#13900 - 11/19/04 10:35 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, you are brave. I'm praying you are pleasantly surprised about something while on your trip. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Can't wait to hear about it.

I thought you were going to talk about people drinking and making fools of themselves during the holidays. I've certainly seen that happen. [Wink]

#13901 - 11/28/04 03:59 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, we're anxiously waiting to hear about your trip. I pray things went well for you. [Wink]

#13902 - 11/28/04 06:50 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dianne, come and tell us all about your trip. It'll be therapeutic to get it all out. We'll listen attentively and give you our undivided attention along with our unwavering support.

#13903 - 11/28/04 10:24 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Where the heck are you???
I'll post bond...gimme a call.

Seriously hoping that everything went off without a hitch. Added a prayer for you today.

#13904 - 11/29/04 06:11 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Sorry to be so late with this. Caught the flu in AZ and I'm still feeling rotten.

My mother was her usual cold self and seemed seriously upset that I was wearing this beautiful butterfly pin on my jacket, that had been my aunt's (her sister). My husband said she was looking at me with a very evil eye. I didn't even notice because I rarely glanced her way. She tried her usual pity party and I just cut her off. Called herself an orphan because she was the only one in her family still living. Forget that she knew her sister way dying and didn't even try to call her! Suddenly, it was about her! Blew her off.

My dad has aged a lot! I mean, a lot! He's too old to be abusive anymore. He just wore down. Has Parkinsons. Can't write his nasty letters anymore and this means he also can't be my mother's gopher either. She feels she's been wronged and harps on him until he rips the offender to pieces. She might actually have to take care of herself emotionally for a change.

Okay, I did do some kind of nasty things! [Eek!] I held out my hand and showed off the beautiful diamond ring my husband bought me and also the bracelet he got me last year. And, the diamond is bigger than hers so there!!!! I know, I know, I'm bad. If you only knew some of the things she's done to me over the years you'd understand. She has gone out of her way to hurt me.

My grandkids hovered all over me and we had such a good time. She's tried to turn them against me for years and it clearly didn't work. They all sat at my end of the table and we had some wonderful conversations. Just so cute! I felt so loved. My youngest grandson (5) wants me to move next door to him and put a hallway between our houses so he can come over anytime he wants and we'll bake cookies and drink chocolate milk. What a cutie he is! All of my grandkids are so sweet and loving. I'm very lucky.

So, nobody was killed. If looks could kill, I'd be dead...hmmm. God blessed me this T-Day and for that, I'm very thankful. Thanks for asking and caring about me. I felt your support all the way to AZ!

#13905 - 11/29/04 07:39 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, I feel sorry for your parents. They've missed out on so much in life. Don't you think? You've gotten beyond the negativity. It's a shame they can't. Poor things. I think it's sad when couples live together in unhappiness. I believe more people from our generation say the heck with it and move on to satisfy themselves. I hope you don't mind y saying these things. It's only what I've picked up from your posts.

What a compliment from a little kid...to want to live in connected homes. How sweet. Out of the mouths of babes! [Wink]

Glad you're home safely and made the gesture to see them. [Wink]

#13906 - 11/29/04 09:08 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Bout time you got home and back in here. You think we're made of concrete for Pete's sake? We've been worrying bout ya.

Okay...okay...sorry to being so hard on you. I mean you DO have the flu. Poor dear.

But girl, we've all been wondering what went on and how you handled it all.

Sounds like to me that you showed them AND you hubby what Diane is made of...I for one am very proud for you Diane. You are definietly a TOTAL WOMAN. They can hurt you no more.

Oh and one more thing...welcome home. You and Sammy were missed. Am I right Ms Chatty?

Hugs, JJ

#13907 - 11/30/04 07:03 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Ladies. Sammie and my dog are mad at me for leaving. Both refuse to make eye contact with me. Talk about guilt! First my parents and now my animals. Geesh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved