The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#528 - 05/30/06 11:41 PM Christian "bashing"
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Please note that my words are meant with utmost respect and desire of knowledge.

I've seen the phrase "Christian bashing" in some of the posts on this forum. I'm curious as to what people think that means. I am a Christian and never feel "bashed."

I notice that sometimes when I am talking with another Christian and he/she states a belief that I don't agree with, I tell them that I don't believe in that particular belief, although I respect their belief for them. Then one of two things happens.

1. The person assumes that I haven't understood them and keeps trying to convince me that onece I understand I'll believe.

2. I'm told I'm just one more liberal who is bashing (or some other word like it) Christianity.

Neither of these is true. I'm curious to know the thoughts of others in a respectful way. PM me if you'd rather talk off the forum.

#529 - 05/31/06 01:20 AM Re: Christian "bashing"
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Gosh, I haven't noticed the "bashing" going on.

As I said before, I think there are many different beliefs regarding Christianity, and as with other life ideas, many people are just not accepting of beliefs that don't match their own.

That's probably one reason I'm not attending church - there are so many options out there and they all believe they are the "one right way" that it's difficult for me to join up with any one of them.

My 2 cents...
Kathy

#530 - 05/31/06 02:23 PM Re: Christian "bashing"
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Casey, was there mention of bashing at BWS?

I have been faulted for being so open about my faith and the faith of many Christians here at BWS. However, I have also been complimented many times over for the very same thing.

BWS and NABBW were founded through much prayer so I will always share parts of my faith journey in these forums. My faith is an integral part of who I am so Christianty will always prevail.

However, I consider myself to be inclusive of most beliefs. I believe all of us hold a piece of the truth and it is our mission to find that piece within one another.

My God loves all and doesn't divide us due to our belief systems.

#531 - 05/31/06 08:58 PM Re: Christian "bashing"
Casey Offline

Dotsie, you are wonderful and this site is wonderful! It was why I felt it was safe to bring up this topic.

To clarify, there wasn't a mention of bashing on BWS, just a few references to it happening on other sites. I'm just trying to clarify what the people who say it actually mean.

I really like what you said:

"I believe all of us hold a piece of the truth and it is our mission to find that piece within one another."

How wonderful if we all acted in that belief!

#532 - 06/01/06 03:00 AM Re: Christian "bashing"
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Casey the post that mentioned 'Christian bashing' said it was going on on "another site" she frequented and that I won't mention here now. She also said that was the reason she left there and came back here tgo BWS. There has NEVER been to my knowledge any Christian bashing here on BWS. On the contrary....

#533 - 06/02/06 07:41 AM Re: Christian "bashing"
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Dotsie & Casey, I too am open in sharing my beliefs here at BWS and have had many happy discussions with other ladies here. I have felt open and free to share and listen as we all have different views and experiences we bring to the discussion. However, I have been victim of a private message that severly reprimanded me for 'prostelisizing' (spelling?). I was frankly shocked and disappointed, but it hasn't stopped me from being here to support my dear sisters.

Dotsie, I applaud you for keeping this an open exchange. I hope it never changes.

#534 - 06/01/06 09:05 PM Re: Christian "bashing"
Casey Offline

Yes, this is a great site!

I'm curious though, because I have seen the phrase "Christian bashing" in other places. Has anyone here every used the phrase? If so, what does it mean to you?

I firmly believe that we each have the right to state our beliefs as we see them, although not to impose them on others, or denigrate others for not sharing them.

Thanks for the discussion!

#535 - 06/02/06 03:21 AM Re: Christian "bashing"
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I haven't seen or heard the phrase Christian Bashing anywhere except here when someone mentioned it about others doing just that on another site. If I had to venture a guess I would say its when someone makes fun of our beliefs and of us for expressing them. Thats just what I think it is....
Starting over,that should never have happened to you especially on this site but luckily the ones pulling that crap left to spread their poison words elsewhere....

#536 - 06/02/06 06:26 PM Re: Christian "bashing"
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Starting over, sorry to hear about that. There's so much that goes on behind the scenes of BWS that I don't always hear about. However, so much of it is good. I will remain focused on that and apologize for the rest.

#537 - 06/03/06 08:55 AM Re: Christian "bashing"
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Rather than everyone's speculation, I'll state outright that the pm was from me, and I'd be happy to discuss CIVILLY whatever anyone wants to discuss.

Proselytizing and other very negative posts were the reasons I took a 4-months hiatus. So many people on this site are loving and caring, but there seemed to be a spate of negativity that I just didn't want to deal with. Rather than fight, I took a vacation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved