The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#384 - 07/25/04 01:25 PM Can God Forget?
chacha Offline

Loc: Oregon
The Bible tells us that when God forgives us of our sin, He remembers it no more. In other words He forgives and forgets. I've kind of taken this on faith as my finite mind couldn't really grasp how God who knows everything could forget something. For some reason that I don't remember now, I was mulling this over the other day and it struck me. If God could create something (the universe for example), out of nothing. Then it stands to reason He could also create nothing out of something.
I guess I bring this up because if you are like me at all. In the most vulnerable of moments suddenly a bunch of my old transgressions will rise up and slap me alongside the head. Well if God forgot my sins, He isn't the one doing the slapping, someone else is. On another note, I guess the only reason God would have for remembering a past sin of mine is if I keep reminding Him of it.
For I know whom I have believed. And I am persuaded, that He is able to keep that which I have commited unto Him against that day.
Thanks for listening.

#385 - 07/25/04 04:34 PM Re: Can God Forget?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can forgive but I have a hard time forgetting. I'm human and God isn't. He's divine. I keep telling myself He's forgotten my sins.

Good Lord, can you imagine if He had to keep track of everyone's past sins? I'm sure He could do it, but He chooses not to...that's the beauty of GRACE!

#386 - 07/25/04 06:02 PM Re: Can God Forget?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
God can forget our mistakes because he already knows the future. We must remember them and the mistakes of others because we need the information to help us make decisions for the days aheead.
Let's face it. God is just smarter than we are.
smile

#387 - 07/25/04 08:31 PM Re: Can God Forget?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Not to worry. God forgives and forgets. Like Dotsie, I can forgive but I sometimes have a hard time forgetting.

When any of us begin to worry about past or present sins, that's the 'evil one' trying to hurt us and make us think that God never forgets.

This is not so. God loves and forgives all sins--all we have to do is repent of our sins and receive His forgiveness and grace.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved