The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#128363 - 09/24/07 02:01 PM Away from home
Mountain Ash Offline

Yesterday I went with my daughter to a 6k run she was doing.Being Sunday we missed church but I wanted to be there to encourage her.She sponsers a child overseas and has raised some money for the project."Everychild"
The race took place in a coastal town starting at a school.We parked then she registered.She then moved her car nearer for comfort reasons after the race.When I got out of the car there was a service just starting in a hired hall.Some children asked if we were going.I did this and was made welcome.In fact I knew one Deacon who was a receptionist at a Doctors practice .I had worship and took break and wine.I felt I was in the right place on that day.The timing was perfect as I left the building I saw my daughter in her bright tshirt plus medal..
What makes this special was..on my way to the run I said "Wonder who we shall meet today?" next week I shall be back in my familar church but I did have fellowship and a welcome for exactly the time I was away from home.
Mountain ash

#128364 - 09/24/07 05:32 PM Re: Away from home [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mountain, great little story. I'm guessing this isn't your church home... Tell us more.

#128365 - 09/26/07 03:23 PM Re: Away from home
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
What a blessing to be able to worship and share with others where ever we might find ourselves! It's a privilege those who love the Lord enjoy!
I'm glad you felt welcome there! And congratulations to your daughter for the medal!
NABBW & NAWW

#128366 - 09/28/07 05:34 PM Re: Away from home [Re: Songbird]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dotsie
I tried to send a picture of my church.It came back.Will ponder another way to send it
Songbird thanks for the goodwill
This church was being held in a college room.Due to the sale of their building.It was still a protestant church but I am Church of Scotland (the Kirk)
My daughter did the 10k not the 6k silly me.What was interesting was the divine timing of my arrival where we parked how her running time fitted in.Staged managed by an angels hand.
Mountain ash

#128368 - 09/29/07 08:18 AM Re: Away from home [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

He is a black haired brown eye boy from South America.Her first was a gypsy child from Bulgaria.Then briefly another from same country. He writes keeping her up to date and is so happy for the contact.
Mountain ash

#128369 - 10/01/07 05:58 PM Re: Away from home [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How dear that your daughter extends herself this way.

My husband has mentored a boy from our local orphanage for a little over four years now. Our daughter is a Human Services major and is now volunteering at the orphanage every two weeks through school. It's nice to see she has the same place in her heart for these kids that her dad does.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved