The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1553 - 12/14/04 02:26 AM A Never Before Happening Event Occurred Last Night...
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with you what happened to me last night. Around 2 in the morning I woke up with a specific scripture buring on my mind. I have been reading the New Testament but this scripture came like a "bolt out of the blue" and was from the Old Testament. All I remember, was Isaiah 9, write it down. I wrote quickly so I wouldn't forget.

In the morning I looked up the scripture in the Bible and it was a fascinating and illuminating surprise. Verse 9 in Isaiah deals with several things--most importantly it deals with the birth of our Saviour-hundreds of years before the event and it also details the "wrath of God on those who folow the evil one," specifically it describes the special covenant Israel had and has with God.

As many of us know, Isaiah reveals God's eternal purpose and gives an excellent description of our Lord. It reveals a world soon to come of peace and a reckoning of the ages.

Wanted to share this with you all because this has never happened to me before!

Hope it will be of help to you all...

Finding and reading this scripture has been a blessing and I pray it will be for you, too.

Blessings to all....

#1554 - 12/14/04 02:43 AM Re: A Never Before Happening Event Occurred Last Night...
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Glad for you, Toni: God speaks to us in so many ways... He guides us to understand His Word and directs us to it in ways that will surprise us!

I'm glad you enjoyed reading the profecy regarding our Savior!

#1555 - 12/14/04 05:16 AM Re: A Never Before Happening Event Occurred Last Night...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Toni, grew up a Catholic and never really read the bible. I remember I did like going to class and learning about the sriptures. Of late I have been reading my bible and find it fascinating and can't figure out why it took me so long to get my (you know what) together. Its all in there the before, the now and whats coming...

#1556 - 12/14/04 03:43 PM Re: A Never Before Happening Event Occurred Last Night...
Toni Offline

Thank you ladies for your replies. As I mentioned, this kind of revelation has never come my way before.

Perhaps Christ was reminding me what Christmas is all about--Him!

Like Charleen, I didn't really start reading the Bible in earnest until about 20 years ago; it has everything you need for daily life--redemption, grace, love, forgiveness, guidance, peace--it has it all.

Blessings...

#1557 - 12/14/04 06:17 PM Re: A Never Before Happening Event Occurred Last Night...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too am a late bloomer as far as reading and understanding, and loving the scriptures. If you want to fully understand the depth of HIS love, read all about his death on the cross. I've been remiss in reading, and have even caught myself avoiding it. Thanks for the reminder that I cannot do this alone.

JJ

#1558 - 12/15/04 09:04 PM Re: A Never Before Happening Event Occurred Last Night...
Toni Offline

Thank you, JJ, for your reminder of Christ's love for us on the cross!

The cross symbolizes so many miracles; a few are: love, faith, forgiveness,grace and the promise of His return.

What a wonderful reminder and gift you have given us, JJ, this Christmas season in remembering the cross!

God Bless Always....

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved