The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#98349 - 12/09/06 07:58 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Lola, I have seen the "fruitcake lady" videos too, and she is hilarious!!!

#98350 - 12/10/06 02:24 AM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Cookie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Cookie: Apparently she passed away on 3rd November. Was'nt she a cracker? Some of the things she said actually made sense, come to think of it.

#98351 - 12/10/06 04:57 AM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Lola]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
LOL, I have never heard of the fruitcake lady and just today a friend of mine sent me an attachment to one of her interviews. She was a hoot, but yeah, if you are easily offended, then I don't recommend it. Anyway, the funny part is, I was trying to figure out a way to post that attachment here and share it with my boomer sisters, LOL.

Now as for fruitcake, I can't even imagine eating the ones you find packaged in the grocery store. I remember at church, we had a potluck dinner, and this lady had made fruitcake. She asked me to try it first and give her my opinion. It was really good. Only I had to ask her if she put brandy or cogniac in it because I could taste it, LOL. She said no, but she said that the fruit must've fermented. Hmmm, oh well, it was very delicious.

Lola, I have had fruitcake from England and it is very good.

Cheers,
Cathi

#98352 - 12/10/06 08:18 AM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Wisdom&Life]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
If I eat fruitcake, it's usually because someone just
made it, therefore fresher. Never did like the store-bought
ones.

#98353 - 12/10/06 02:16 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: diamond50]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, I agree. I've laughed at her videos and thought the same thing. Maybe we should all speak our minds like she did.

#98354 - 12/10/06 08:06 PM Re: Fruit Cakes...
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thanks for the link Lola! Amazing how honesty can be so hilarious! Loved it.

#98355 - 12/10/06 10:04 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh oh, be careful Dotsie, everytime I speak my mind without first tempering my words so the feelings don't come through, I still get peoples feathers ruffled. Most pelple can't handle the truth (as Tom Cruise told Jack Nickolson)and would prefer not to hear it....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98356 - 12/11/06 10:26 PM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, at least not the way the fruitcake lady told the truth.!

Back to fruit cakes...I had prayer group here this morning. We were celebrating one of the gals 40th birthdays (we are all ages) and she didn't show up. What a hoot. It was a surprise. A real surprise for all of us. When she was ten minutes late, I commented that she was timely and it was weird that she wasn't here. When she was ten minutes late, I said, "Let me check my email," Sure enough, she was sick and couldn't attend. It was funny becasue we even invited her mom who came from Pennsylvania. Anyway, I served my friend's fruit cakes and they got rave reviews. I think it's because they are teeny and just the right amount of everything.

#98357 - 12/12/06 10:20 PM Re: Fruit Cakes...
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Oh, the Claxton's fruitcakes at the supermarket are really good. C'mon now, if you like fruitcake, you know you are in a minority- without having a granny to bake one for you,as mine used to in the golden years (and make apple butter too, mouth watering remembering!) the Claxton's ones (made in GA) are really good, moist and not cakey, full of nuts and those fruity weird bits, not a lot of cake. They taste good and ship and freeze well, for sure. Good energy food for someone on a long hike, like the Appalatian Trail! . It's good for a slice or two (secret vice!). LOL

#98358 - 12/13/06 02:33 AM Re: Fruit Cakes... [Re: judym]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I just saw the Claxton fruitcakes at Sam's Club tonight. I think there were three in the pack.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved