The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#96909 - 11/30/06 06:41 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
You know what they say about 'clearing out' you make room for more...so just think of all the good things that will be coming into your life.

I recently took a lot of clothes to our local women's shelter. So many of these women have to leave with just the clothes on their backs...it made it easier to give up some of my favorite, nicer things that no longer fit...due to no fault of my own...I'm sure they shrank! LOL

#96910 - 11/30/06 10:28 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
One of these days I'm going to go to my storage unit and get rid of a ton of clothes. It's too cold right now. I think it got up to 17 degrees today. Gads.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#96912 - 12/01/06 03:38 AM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, my clothes seem to be shrinking too. Darn that dryer.

Anne, when I first started reading your post, I thought you were kidding. Wow, That's scary. Dianne, warning!

#96913 - 12/01/06 03:48 AM Re: Oh dear...sigh
Jane_Carroll Offline

Yikes! 17 degrees....we've got to get you to a warmer climate!

Dotsie,
Now that's a good argument to stop doing laundry!

#96914 - 12/01/06 12:17 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Yeh, hubby's been doing all the laundry lately and he HAS been shrinking all my stretchy jeans! So many of them had stopped fitting me that I was blaming myself for gaining so much weight. But then when I finally weighed myself, I've actually lost weight - and inches around the waist. So the pants SHOULD be fitting. Then I found out he's been putting them in the dryer, not hanging them to dry like I had mentioned to him. Grrrr. Three pairs no longer fit, I only have two left that do. It's irritating, but not enough to make me ask hubby to stop doing the laundry...LOL.

(Maya Angelou)

#96915 - 12/01/06 01:01 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: Eagle Heart]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Eagle,

That's bitter-sweet! Unfortunately, that's not my problem! No Hubby...just Tubby! LOL

Edited by Jane_Carroll (12/01/06 01:03 PM)

#96916 - 12/01/06 01:23 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
That's funny Jane. "No Hubby...just Tubby."

#96917 - 12/01/06 02:31 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Too funny, Jane!

I took that warning VERY seriously! Permanant damage is not an option for The Queen of Shoes! I was going through my shoes and I really don't have as many pointed toe shoes as I thought I did. Good news.

I told the hub he isn't allowed to do my laundry anymore. He puts my clothes in with towels and hot water. I appreciate that he was trying to help but he was ruining things.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#96918 - 12/01/06 02:43 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well now....I've been away from the forums a few days and what do I find when I return? Dianne is shoeless and Eagle is nakked? What the heck are you broads doing?

Now the way I see it Dianne, how the heck are you going to kick Mr. Dianne if you don't have any more pointed-toe shoes?

And Eagle, get some clothes on hun....

The next time you all start giving away expensive clothes and shoes, (especially those made by people I can't pronounce), how's bout checking with da Queen first, k? I'm designer shoelss (sad, isn't it?) and clotheless (is that a word?).

The things I have to 'splain around this joint....

#96919 - 12/01/06 08:10 PM Re: Oh dear...sigh [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
JJ, I thought you meant Eagle had a new photo without any clothes on in the forums. I had to quick scroll up to check. Phew, you made me per-spire girl!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved