The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#95887 - 11/25/06 04:35 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: bamgibbs]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
The two men who were insulted by Michael are demanding a face to face apology and...money. I knew that was coming.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#95888 - 11/25/06 04:41 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I agree Beverly. He knew what he did. Put yourself in his shoes...would YOU have known? Of course you would. Now as far as them getting money for it, puleaseeeee....that's being opportunist. In my book, it makes them no better than him.

#95889 - 11/25/06 05:38 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It always comes down to money, doesn't it? As if money could make them feel better about the experience.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#95890 - 11/25/06 07:47 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My take on this is, no one knew these two men, who they were, what their names were, nothing. They were two faces in the crowd, even after they opened their obnoxious mouths and started the whole thing by their LOUD insults. Yes Micheal was dead wrong, he should have known better, but so were these two men. Since when do we reward bad behavior??
I've been on stage in the spotligt and believe me when someone is loud and obnoxious in the audience it makes your stomach hurt; and these were times no one was targeting me, they were just drunk and being rude. I feel sorry for him on several levels, he is an inexperienced stage comic, he isn't very funny, and I feel he was the target. Was it planned, who knows. What we do know is they started it and he fell into the trap.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95891 - 11/25/06 11:23 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I know that fear makes us angry. When they heckled him he probably feared that he was being exposed as a fraud (he probably new he wasn't funy) and he became angry and attacked with the wrong words. Self-assured comics handle hecklers with wit and humor, turn the tables on them and continue their show. Wrong place, wrong time...
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95892 - 12/05/06 03:16 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Saundra]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I agree that racist or vulgar remarks are never funny.....And yes, I did note how Richard's "victims," went on national TV with lawyer Gloria Allred to demand money for the lifelong emotional trauma her clients will be suffering. Isn't it odd that millions of parents don't file a class action suit toward the music industry for all the racist and vulgar lyrics that their children are exposed to by rap artists and gangsta rappers? How about comedians Chris Rock and all the movies which allow for "N"-talk as PC, but only when used by blacks? Is that not damaging to both blacks AND all other races? Talk about a crazy mixed-up world we're now living in.......When I was a 1950s kid living in the projects, it was NEVER appropriate to call other kids names and be vulgar. My parents or the nuns would have KILLED us! But back then, some things were more black and white....in a different way. I think we called it respect for all people.

#95893 - 12/08/06 11:19 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Josie]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
The "N" word--NO MATTER WHO USES IT--is just plain wrong. Richards just said what he felt. How many of us have "thought" it but never said it. To me that's still the same because you still have the feelings in your heart.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

ā€œIā€™m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.ā€

#95894 - 12/19/06 04:23 AM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: bamgibbs]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Saying you're not a racist doesn't mean you're not a racist.
I truly hope he takes the time to evaluate his response and his anger.

#95895 - 12/19/06 03:05 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: whittlewoman]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Again, I am reminded of the movie Crash. If you haven't seen it, you should.

#95896 - 12/19/06 03:31 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Diane Sawyer had a spot on her show with one of her African American associates. Think about all the things we might say that are reminders of slavery----slaving over a hot stove. I had never considered that, not once, but it could be an insult to someone.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved