The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#95877 - 11/22/06 09:23 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its sad that he made a serious error in judgement but its the "media whores" that will milk it for all its worth. Should those two rude hecklers been put on TV? Hell NO! Its a word, get over it already....We have all made mistakes and no one has the right to judge this man. His career was all but over and this did the trick. Bye, bye Cosmo Kramer and his alter ego Michael Richardson as well.

Edited by chatty lady (11/22/06 09:25 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95878 - 11/22/06 09:35 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I know about the others, but I missed Barbara. What happened? I keep missing things...
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95879 - 11/22/06 11:10 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Saundra]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have always liked him too, but seems he was pretty out of line this time. Mistakes are mistakes, and yes, we all make them, but calling blacks niggers is unacceptable in any circumstance. I despise hecklers, but it seems to be a part of the job when you are a stand up comic. I have a difficult time accepting that being heckled allows a comedian to become so incredibly offensive.

I hope his career is not over. I don't think he has been able to find his place since the end of Seinfeld. It may take some time, but I do think he will once again find his place.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#95880 - 11/24/06 09:46 AM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I heard on the late news, 1:00 A.M. Friday morning that Micheal Richardson has asked to meet with Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson for a sit down damage control. No word yet as to whether they plan to meet with him. I think he should leave well enough alone, apologize again, and let it go to die a boring death.

Edited by chatty lady (11/24/06 09:48 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95881 - 11/24/06 12:38 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
He was totally out of line. If you can't interact in a positive, funny way with the audience, then you shouldn't be a comedian.

Has anyone heard if he was messed up at the time? It's not an excuse by any means. I'm just wondering.

#95882 - 11/24/06 01:50 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
I think that for M. Richards to say that he is "not a racist" is ridiculous! Maybe he doesn't think he is, or pretends not to be but deep down, those words and feelings had to come from somewhere. Granted, it wasn't right for the hecklers to do what they did either, but surely Richards has been heckled before - what comedian hasn't, at some stage of his/her career? You have to have some standard lines to use in a case like that.
I think his ego is very bruised from not having been successful after "Seinfeld", and those hecklers just touched a nerve with him...but it is unforgiveable.

#95883 - 11/24/06 03:23 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: klmr13]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Mel Gibson has recovered from his tirade and has moved forward but he also did a lot of damage control too.

This entire incident is very sad.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#95884 - 11/24/06 03:39 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Dianne]
Pam R. Offline

We had a short discussion about Michael Richards at our Thanksgiving dinner table yesterday. I would say half of our guests say he WILL make a come-back and half say NO-WAY!

#95885 - 11/24/06 10:47 PM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: Pam R.]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sad to say but some people who get in this kind of fix come back better than ever due to their publicist work. Didn't OJ get a book company's eye? And royalty mega bucks?

I'm like everyone else in thinking how could he NOT be a racist? The only answer I can come up with is that they attacked his professional pride, his act on stage, which I understand wasn't going well, so he was probably wanting to strike out at them. He knew what would hurt. The N word. It is never acceptable and no, I'm not saying his action was validated. On the contrary. I'm just trying to understand the WHY.

Should he be forgiven? Did Christ forgive?

Should he be in the entertainment biz? If it were me and I had done this, I'd be checking in the want ads. I don't know that I could have forgiven myself.

I DO NOT believe that Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson will help to heal this riff.

#95886 - 11/25/06 04:34 AM Re: Michael Richards (Kramer) racist comments [Re: jawjaw]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Christ did forgive others. The last thing He reportedly said before dying on the cross was "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.."

The question is did Michael Richards not understand his actions or what he was saying? After all of the commotion, did he take a moment to apologize to the audience for his outburst? No--he just walked off the stage
and then came back the following night as if nothing ever happened.

And NO---Al & Jessie don't help matters--they tend to agitate.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

ā€œIā€™m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.ā€

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved