The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#93985 - 10/31/06 07:03 PM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Chatty that's awful. How can she do that to those people? they look forward to things like that. How sad. We dressed up today and had a parade for the residents at the nursing home where I work. I was supposed to be a jewel thief, but I looked more like a cross between a gypsy and a princess in dark clothes. I also brought Elizabeth with me. She's the head I used to use for my jewelry shows. she has lovely long brown hair and pretty blue eyes. She looks so real. I had a gold bow in her hair and she wore amber dangly earrings. I wrap a scarf around her neck so it doesn't show so much that the poor dear has no body. I had her on my desk and it was scaring everyone who walked by, even me a few times. She walked with me in the parade and a few elderly ladies really liked her. They wanted to know her name and touch her.

We don't get any kids here in the condo complex. That's okay, we had kids at the home today too. I'm tired now.

Louisa

#93986 - 10/31/06 09:03 PM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: Louisa]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beautiful here in SC! The kids are cute and all loved being greated at the door by Blue (my dawg)! My kitty's helped with special effects by chasing each other and making hissing noises! They were very curious and peaked around the door at the 2 year old in a black furry cat costume and long tail!

Chatty, sorry about the witch, perhaps someone should leave a broom on her doorstep?

#93987 - 10/31/06 09:41 PM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: chatty lady]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
We did not have as many kids as we use to and miss that . I miss my daughter going out with her friends and they would all come back to hot choc and cookies and go over there candy and who gave them what from where in the neighborhood. We had a lot of big kids and gave them candy anyway .

I remember when Dotsie when I lived in Govans we would go out and run all over the neighbor hood and then dump our candy with a friend on the dining room table and go back out again . Crazy! My brother got us one year when he jumped out of the back alley with his tiger suit on a scared my girlfriend and me half to death . Haaa....

What fun we had in those days . Nice memories .. Happy Holloween

Renee

#93988 - 11/01/06 05:01 AM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: Sadie]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Funny about your hubby hiding the candy from you, Hannelore!

I've always loved Halloween. But when I was about 12 my best friend called me on the night before Halloween to say that her mother thought she was "too old" for trick-or-treating and she couldn't go. I was devastated! Fortunately, I thought to ask a girl who was new to our school and we had a grand ol' time. A lifelong friendship was formed because of that event.
It has also made me welcome anyone and everyone who comes trick-or-treating, regardless of age! In fact, lots of teenagers came last night, after 7 or so. I gave out all of my candy bags except for ONE, and my daughter and I had
made up about 50 bags! Hmmmm, wonder what happened to that last bag? (Yum!)

Renee, this time of year always makes me melancholy for the days I used to go around with my kids, my friend and her kids. From year to year the weather changed - sometimes (not often) we'd have gorgeous weather like yesterday (almost 70 here in the Northeast), but other times we'd stop for a cup of hot chocolate in one of the stores on our way around town, because we were FREEZING! No matter what, we always had lots of fun. Ahhhhhh, memories...

#93989 - 11/01/06 10:02 AM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: klmr13]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I stopped in my son's house to see my grandson's costume before he left for trick or treat. He was Dracula and even had dracula fangs. I taught him how to say "I vant to dreenk your blooood!" So cute!

This grandmas stuff is so cool!

laurapoplin.com

#93990 - 11/01/06 11:26 AM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: Daisygirl]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Now on on Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping . Oh, my

Renee

#93991 - 11/01/06 11:33 AM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: Sadie]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Can we believe it's NO-VEM-BER already? Egads...

#93992 - 11/01/06 03:47 PM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: klmr13]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now we will all be scrambling for the next biggy, Thanksgiving. Yep, just 22 days to go. Is it just me or does time move faster the older we get?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#93993 - 11/01/06 04:08 PM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: chatty lady]
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
thank goodness we do Thanksgiving in October in Canada!
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#93994 - 11/01/06 05:30 PM Re: Happy Halloween [Re: Evie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Evie, I'm so naive as to what holidays other countries celebrate. Do you really have Thanksgiving, and is it at all related to ours with the Pilgrims? What does yours relate to?

Kathy

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved