The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 45 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#92144 - 10/29/06 10:52 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: ]
Pam R. Offline

I fully agree with you Anne327 and wondered when someone would say what you did! To have gotten into the marriage based on all that stuff was incredible...unless, of course, she didn't know he was a rapist. Even still, I am sure our Lord did not put us on this earth to try and change people like him. That is the job of professionally trained doctors and in in some cases, Security Guards and Wardens in jails.

#92145 - 10/29/06 11:30 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Pam R.]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Again, until the Lord tells her to leave, she is staying.

She's a testimony to us all! I sure love my friend.

#92146 - 10/30/06 01:10 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Is she waiting for the Lord to send her an email? I'm sorry Di, but I think she is ignoring good common sense here and doing whats convenient for her at this time. I believe she is terrified of leaving and being alone, but I don't know your friend so its all speculation with me....I have wanted to be honest with you about this but have held back until now. I believe someone like me calling herself a friend should be honest no matter what, thats just me, sorry...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92147 - 10/30/06 02:03 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Oh no apology needed.Honesty is best!

My friend is trusting in the Lord. Who are we to question God???

It's called long-suffering...one of the fruits of the Spirit. (see Galations)

#92148 - 10/30/06 03:45 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It is so hard when a marriage becomes one sided, someone is always destroyed by the others infidelity. I have been there literally and still remain wounded even after all these years. I pray she finds her way and collects her strength to do whatever she must. The longer we wait, the harder it becomes however. You are a good friend to stand by her whatever she decides.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92149 - 10/30/06 04:22 AM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Shall we be reminded of what sins Jesus forgave us? My friend has humbled herself...very much so.

Years ago, she committed adultery on her X...she now knows how her X felt...he divorced her after their only daughter turned 18.

The Lord saved her through that trial. She has hope for her husband...who has been listening to others,including my friend, witness to him.

There is hope for all!

#92150 - 10/30/06 12:13 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
As Danita says, "As long as there is breath, there is hope."

#92151 - 10/30/06 02:29 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My response may not be popular but I don't feel your friend is a testament to us all in any way. I've said it before here and I'll say it again...why do we turn God into our Holy Repair Man? From my own personal experience, I wasn't waiting on God to show me, although this is what I said. I was just plain scared to leave and used God as my excuse to stay.

Plus, you said he was "only verbally abusive." Only? Do you realize what that does to the spirit of a woman? It destroys her. Now, he's cheating. He's a loser.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#92152 - 10/30/06 02:48 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: Dianne]
Di Offline

Thanks, Dotsie. There IS hope for us all!

I have to trust that my friend is praying "without ceasing' about this. I pray daily with her as well.

It's called UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!

#92154 - 10/30/06 08:26 PM Re: Has your marriage survived an affair? [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have to question how she has one ounce of self-respect left?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved